Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got impatient waiting on a Jesse Haines chassis so I built my own chassis last summer using his portals and Trail Gear 9s. Saw Jesse and Drew were collaborating, so I sold it to a local wheeling buddy and decided to start over again.

2018 JHF/Goatbuilt Chassis
1.6 16v with KO3
03-72le
Tracker/300 doubler
14" ADS 2.5s on the front
16" ADS 2.5s on the rear
05+ Super Duty Trail Gear 609s
Nodular spooled 6.50 3rds

·
3,369 Posts
Third pic from the bottom..... the gold colored things with zerks.... what are those?

I have liked the GOAT page on FB a long time ago and they are putting out some interesting products, kits, and builds. It seems really well thought out and a good choice for a lot of people. As usual, I will be looking foraward to your build and seeing how the process unfolds.

Man that engine is clean!!

·
3,466 Posts
Looks like a great rig, can't wait to see more of how its put together

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Third pic from the bottom..... the gold colored things with zerks.... what are those?

I have liked the GOAT page on FB a long time ago and they are putting out some interesting products, kits, and builds. It seems really well thought out and a good choice for a lot of people. As usual, I will be looking foraward to your build and seeing how the process unfolds.

Man that engine is clean!!
That’s 264k miles and a lot of work scrubbing, hahaha.

They are a balljoint replacement made by Nick Barna on FB. There are several options, and I chose these. It’s said when the ujoint breaks it can push the knuckle apart breaking the weaker upper balljoint. One option is maching for a lower balljoint to be used. Another is maching for a unibal to be used. This has a machined piece that welds into the knuckles, then uses a bronze bushing in the C that’s greaseable with a 1” bolt. Pretty darn failproof and the same design Jesse Haines uses on his portals.

·
3,466 Posts
Those are some very nice kits. I like the goat-built products.

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
541 Posts
What kind of blown 4cyl? Shocks/bumps/coilovers?

Reactions: johncanfield
1 - 20 of 94 Posts