Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after the last wheeling trip and some unwanted beauty marks on my front diff, I just ordered a half-diff guard from Younger Bros.

I did some research and it seems to be the best made for the money...Did you guys have any issues with fit or rubbing? or leaks? after installing....

Thanks,
John

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Fat Tony said:
Well, after the last wheeling trip and some unwanted beauty marks on my front diff, I just ordered a half-diff guard from Younger Bros.

I did some research and it seems to be the best made for the money...Did you guys have any issues with fit or rubbing? or leaks? after installing....

Thanks,John
John,
do yourself a fav.get some new oil....and sealant.
i found mine leaked later that night. next day i changed out the oil and
cleaned out all the crap that was in the cover. plugs have magnets and
they were full.

the Younger Bros 1/2 guards fit fine. and are SOILD.
mac

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put a Younger Bros. differential guard on in March. Had a minor fluid leak afterward, so I had the dealership order me a Dana 44 gasket. Pulled the cover, installed the gasket, reinstalled everything, and torqued the bolts to spec. No problems since.

By the way, the guard has been earning its keep: lots of scrapes and scratches but no dents and no bends--and no damage to the pumpkin or cover!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you guys put the diff guard over the metal ID tags that are on the cover, or did you take the tags off the cover?

Mine has about 2 or 3 different ID tags with numbers...

Thanks,

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Fat Tony said:
Did you guys put the diff guard over the metal ID tags that are on the cover, or did you take the tags off the cover?

Mine has about 2 or 3 different ID tags with numbers...

Thanks,
took my tags off.. have not decided what to do with them. have them in my glove box with tire paperwork.ect...

mac

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I installed mine on top of the tags. That way I always have them if I need them.

I have banged the heck out of mine. These things work really great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mac & elff...

Looks good elff...I wasn't sure how the back guard would fit clearance wise, but from your pictures it looks like it has some room to move...

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
No rubbing in any manner and it is not too hard to reach the top bolt on each side for the install.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elff said:
No rubbing in any manner and it is not too hard to reach the top bolt on each side for the install.

Were those pictures taken when you were at stock height?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Stock height and stock tires.
I hadnt even put on the Body Lift at that point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts