Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
LOL it is a pricey bugger isn't it! I can't say that it's worth exactly what I paid, but it has been a fine knife and I usually carry it daily. I had a iwb sheath made for it, and it does not print at all. It's a go anywhere setup. Do you carry a knife?
Yes, I even carry a 2 inch folder on the bike. I carry one of these CRKT knives in my pocket depending on how I feel.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yes, I even carry a 2 inch folder on the bike. I carry one of these CRKT knives in my pocket depending on how I feel.
I like the black one, I have a CRKT knife that I have been using for years to cut the twine off bales of hay. Holds a great edge and is tough as nails. It's currently stuck in a fence post out back, damn fine knife.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I like the black one, I have a CRKT knife that I have been using for years to cut the twine off bails of hay. Holds a great edge and is tough as nails. It's currently stuck in a fence post out back, damn fine knife.
The black one is huge, the m16 one is easier to deploy.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
I prefer the Aguila 60 grain subsonic. 60 grains @ 950fps is nothing to sneeze at...

·
Registered
539 Posts
I prefer the Aguila 60 grain subsonic. 60 grains @ 950fps is nothing to sneeze at...
That is so interesting, I had never heard of those. I will keep an eye out for them when everything goes back to normal. Will they cycle a pistol? I have a Mark IV that I am thinking about making the bolt lighter by removing some material. I think I can get a lighter spring kit for it too. I really only shoot it subsonic.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
I carry a Benchmade Auto Stryker, plain Tranto blade. It's very easy to sharpen since the two blade surfaces are straight. A friend has a CRKT out the front auto, I really liked it - it's surprisingly fast. Before auto knives were legal in Texas I carried a spring assist Benchmade (forgot the model) which I could deploy almost as fast as the auto Benchmade.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I carry a Benchmade Auto Stryker, plain Tranto blade. It's very easy to sharpen since the two blade surfaces are straight. A friend has a CRKT out the front auto, I really liked it - it's surprisingly fast. Before auto knives were legal in Texas I carried a spring assist Benchmade (forgot the model) which I could deploy almost as fast as the auto Benchmade.
I was looking at the auto stryker and thought it looked familiar. I think I have the pre-poduction version of it. I carry it on my climbing rig. Excellent knife.
It's covered in climbing chalk lol

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I was looking at the auto stryker and thought it looked familiar. I think I have the pre-poduction version of it. I carry it on my climbing rig. Excellent knife.
View attachment 74638
WayWest,
Here is my one CRKT measurements, a large sturdy folder.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
View attachment 74638
Benchmade improved the Auto Stryker in the last year or two (so they say), apparently the button to open it is better placed on mine. The blade design on the production model is a little different - it's interesting to see how it has evolved. The only hiccup with mine is once in a great while the lock-open or lock-closed sliding protrusion on the back will move unintentionally.

·
Registered
539 Posts
WayWest,
Here is my one CRKT measurements, a large sturdy folder.
I really like that knife! I wonder if it is still in production? For a comparison, here is the benchmade next to the halo. Also threw in the g26 as together its a good carry combination.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Benchmade improved the Auto Stryker in the last year or two (so they say), apparently the button to open it is better placed on mine. The blade design on the production model is a little different - it's interesting to see how it has evolved. The only hiccup with mine is once in a great while the lock-open or lock-closed sliding protrusion on the back will move unintentionally.
I wonder if you can send it in and get it fixed? A lot of these companies will address issues or upgrade parts for free if asked. Might be worth an email.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
That is so interesting, I had never heard of those. I will keep an eye out for them when everything goes back to normal. Will they cycle a pistol? I have a Mark IV that I am thinking about making the bolt lighter by removing some material. I think I can get a lighter spring kit for it too. I really only shoot it subsonic.
more finicky than normal 22 ammo but works in 2 of my 3 22 semi auro pistols. notice how the brass is shorter for the longer bullet.

·
Registered
539 Posts
more finicky than normal 22 ammo but works in 2 of my 3 22 semi auro pistols. notice how the brass is shorter for the longer bullet.
Thanks for the info. I found some on Midway, its 74.99 for 500 rounds(if you are looking for more). I am still thinking about picking some up. I was doing a little research and it appears there are a lot people reporting keyholing/ not stabilizing. Have you had any of those issues?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sweet! It's in my cart. I really like that handle.
Thank you. Oh, I was looking on ebay and there are lots of Kodak Carousel parts and machines on ebay. They are pretty cheap too. Just in case your friend does not come through with the projector.
Yep, the teacher is suppose to get the projector ehen she goes to school.
I can get a used one on Amazon for around 259, but I'll wait and see what happens. At 35 bucks, I ordered another.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yep, the teacher is suppose to get the projector ehen she goes to school.
I can get a used one on Amazon for around 259, but I'll wait and see what happens. At 35 bucks, I ordered another.
Yeah you can't go wrong for a double sawbuck, tenner and a five spot :p

21 - 40 of 53 Posts