Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 06 LJ Rubicon with 4K miles, but it has the wrong wheels. Looking for a close to mint set to finish out the Jeep. I will take spares if they are available.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just picked up a 06 LJ Rubicon with 4K miles, but it has the wrong wheels. Looking for a close to mint set to finish out the Jeep. I will take spares if they are available.
4k miles? Wow, what a find! Post pics of this unicorn, best of luck with the wheels.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here it is. The pics don’t do justice. Every option minus the hard top. I will just have to find one when it comes around. It’s like driving a new car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I don't think the OP has a Sahara edition... but, now I'm curious about what the Sahara edition wheels look like?

I'll go get a picture.

One day I was walking out the grocery store and someone was walking around the Jeep. He was a Jeeper, and he said this was the only 05 Rubicon Sahara in Mobile, then he asked if I wanted to sell the wheels. I don't see anything great about them, they are different than the 06 wheels you posted.
I guess they are similar apart from the hollows on the 05 being painted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
I'll go get a picture.

One day I was walking out the grocery store and someone was walking around the Jeep. He was a Jeeper, and he said this was the only 05 Rubicon Sahara in Mobile, then he asked if I wanted to sell the wheels. I don't see anything great about them, they are different than the 06 wheels you posted.
Those look identical to the one's I posted....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I'll go get a picture.

Those look identical to the one's I posted....
Are yours painted on the inside? I can't tell from the pic. My eyes are not as good as you young people.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m kinda curious why this Jeep has non Rubicon wheels on it??
Being that it only has 4K miles and is stock.
Jeep was purchased from a old man and wanted a smaller tire so the dealer swapped out the rubicon wheel for the Cherokee ones. 225/r15. Tires are date coded early 06. These wheels are flawless but not correct.

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Are yours painted on the inside? I can't tell from the pic. My eyes are not as good as you young people.
Ah, I see that now:wink2: I wouldn't call that "quite" different than the standard Rubicon MOAB wheels:smile2: Same wheel, Sahara's have a darker powder-coat between the "spokes" and in the lug-nut depressions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am out of town tonight, but I'll be returning home tomorrow. I have Pretty set (5) of Moabs that came off my 06 LJ, 75k at swap with <30" P series tires. I can send you Close Ups tomorrow if you're still looking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am out of town tonight, but I'll be returning home tomorrow. I have Pretty set (5) of Moabs that came off my 06 LJ, 75k at swap with <30" P series tires. I can send you Close Ups tomorrow if you're still looking.
Yes I’m still looking. Thank you!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found a 2006 TJ with 102,230 miles on it in May..but you really scored!! I think we have the same color..
My favorite color. I do like the orange also. Yours looks clean also!

·
3,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts