Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently blew up my rear locker so I’m looking for either an assembly or parts to repair mine.

One of the spider gears lost some teeth so if anyone has spare parts I would be interested as it can be repaired.

I would be interested in a front or rear assembly as well.

TJ Rubicon by the way. Appreciate any help or leads.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am not sure about Kansas City, but there are no shortages of stock Rubicon parts in AZ/Phx salvage yards. Craigslist is usually a good place as well. There was a place here years back that had a you pull it competition. They had a distance marked, I think it was about 100 feet and if you could carry it, anything you could tote that far you could have for 100 bucks( I think it was a hundred, its been ages), it was pretty interesting to watch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty slim pickings around here for Rubicon parts. I have been searching CL ads.
Davey’s has some but way too high in my opinion. I could do an ARB for what he wants.

I want to make it right so I can sell both axles and put my 60’s underneath.

Had 5:13’s installed two years ago after twisting off the pinion on an undercut ledge.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had a similar issue with an undercut ledge, this is one of the places a short arm setup does not shine :p
I have some f350 axles that are put away just for such a purpose. I am however waiting for the engine to go before I get that far into another build. I will do the axles when I drop a V8 in it. Hope you find a good deal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny that you say that. I pulled my 60’s out from under the workbench where they have been stored for quite some time.

I have an 03 F250 front and a 00 E350 rear.

Started prepping the rear already. I need to fabricate a way to attach the AEV stinger.

Still on the fence, but I think I will end up narrowing them to about 65”. I want it to still look “kinda” stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one I picked up about a year ago as a spare that I’d part with since I switched out to an OX and no longer need the original let alone a spare. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The forum will not let me PM you because I don’t have enough posts...

I have 2 rears and 2 front 2003-2006 OEM lockers. The rears I don’t really need any more because I went to an OX in back. Both rears have about 100K miles on them and have 4.10 gears and the air actuator on them. I paid $500 + shipping for the one I bought and I’ll sell it to you for the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Front OEM locker

The forum will not let me PM you because I don’t have enough posts...

I have 2 rears and 2 front 2003-2006 OEM lockers. The rears I don’t really need any more because I went to an OX in back. Both rears have about 100K miles on them and have 4.10 gears and the air actuator on them. I paid $500 + shipping for the one I bought and I’ll sell it to you for the same.
Hi, I'm interested in a front locker. Please confirm it's still available.
Since PM is not an option, please email details to [email protected] . Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Still looking. I am going to borrow a front locker from a friend to get me back up and running. I will need to replace it at some point because he will need it to complete pair of axle assemblies that he will sell later.
Are you still on the lookout for a rear locker? I have a parts locker (came in an axle I bought) and a good use one I bought to put in a Comanche D44 but decided to go another route. I'm just a couple hours west.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally broke down and over paid for a used front locker. I wouldn’t waste my time or money on another rear one. The only reason that I put it back together is so that I can sell the pair to fund my 60’s.
However, I do have two busted tears for parts now. Maybe we could piece on together. Pretty sure it was the drivers side spider that sheared all of the teeth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts