Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am diving into the underside of the Rubi tomorrow morning. We are starting with the body lift and belly up skid. Need to get these done asap so I can get the shaft measurements early enough to get the shaft ordered so it will be finished before 5pm tomorrow night.
Once we go down and order the shaft we will come back to continue the work. We will complete the body lift, install the Skidrow engine skid, install the Kilby gas skid and steering skid. Also doing a motor mount lift.

If anyone has advice on what I need to change on the transfer case output to make this easier and less likely to vibrate, please let me know. Also any advice on the installation of the above items would be appreciated.

Also if anyone wants to come join us and offer a helping hand, you are more than welcome. Post here and I will send you the address.

Thanx,
Brian

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
hmmmmmmmm if only i had a little more notice......
i would have loved to headed to San D.
im off tomer however need to be here at 1pm for an appt.

hope all goes well

mac

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
if you're doing a body lift AND the kilby tank skid, drop the stock tank, then do the body lift, then put the kilby setup in. Makes getting at the 2 body mounts above the fuel tank ALOT easier.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Tigger said:
Well, I am diving into the underside of the Rubi tomorrow morning. We are starting with the body lift and belly up skid. Need to get these done asap so I can get the shaft measurements early enough to get the shaft ordered so it will be finished before 5pm tomorrow night.
Once we go down and order the shaft we will come back to continue the work. We will complete the body lift, install the Skidrow engine skid, install the Kilby gas skid and steering skid. Also doing a motor mount lift.

If anyone has advice on what I need to change on the transfer case output to make this easier and less likely to vibrate, please let me know. Also any advice on the installation of the above items would be appreciated.

Also if anyone wants to come join us and offer a helping hand, you are more than welcome. Post here and I will send you the address.

Thanx,
Brian
Brian

Are you looking for a converson from the harmonic flange to a proper cv yoke. If this is what you are looking for here is the part # an a little info on what has to be done to make it work.

If you have any questions send me an email to [email protected] and we can make arrangements to talk on the phone.

"241OR tcase needs a new CV style output yoke (Spicer part # 2-4-5441). This
yoke will not fit stock though. The ID at the tcase end must be machined
until the splines are gone for 7/16" deep. Then you can run a 1330 CV
shaft. "

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry, you missed me by two weeks. I was in Fallbrook for a week of wrenching. Sorry it's over as I still have things I'd like to do. No parts down here...

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we tore into her yesterday, hoping to complete everything, but it was not to be. We were unable to get a hold of a welder to tack those stupid nutserts that Jeep uses now. Spun 2 more during the skid install.
Did get the belly up skid mounted, the body lift in, the MM lift in, the gas skid in, and the engine skid in. Had to do a little modification to the Skidrow engine skid to match up with the belly skid.
Unfortunately we were too late to get a drive shaft made up today, so will have to wait until next week.
I thought my mileage sucked before. After adding a couple hundred more pounds of skids, it should really drop.
But the shovel is gone and she is well protected underneath.
We painted the Roll cage today so she will be good to go very soon.

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts