Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about carrying this SOG combo in your ride while wheeling? I want to carry a small shovel, but this kit of tools looks pretty handy and wouldn't take up much space.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
That would be great for camping!

·
Administrator
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.. our idea of camping is full hookups for our motorhome, satellite TV (salon and aft cabin), satellite Internet and we're not into the campfire thing. I was thinking about only a shovel to carry, but maybe I could use the axe and saw to fight off bears :laugh:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I prefer a shovel with less moving parts to break. Also prefer Fiskars. Lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Replaced a handheld axe 3 times now. All my fault. :p

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Dropped the Woot deal as a CHRISTmas hint to the wife....unless you'll make up the difference SweetPee, then I'll drop the MaxAx. :lildevil: :)

·
Administrator
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SweetPee said:
The Max AX system is much better although more expensive.
More expensive - yikes - I guess so at $250.

Edit: just read a comment in the Woot discussion forum and somebody that has the shovel thinks .."it's crap.." - the blade easily bent.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
johncanfield said:
SweetPee said:
The Max AX system is much better although more expensive.
More expensive - yikes - I guess so at $250.

Edit: just read a comment in the Woot discussion forum and somebody that has the shovel thinks .."it's crap.." - the blade easily bent.
Who cares for the price...typical cheap, folding shovel. The hatchet on amazon is $32.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
If you want just a shovel, military surplus stores have the fold up kind at a very reasonable price. I've had one for years.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have never really had a use for a shovel while camping and offroading so I stopped carrying one (pack everything out ;) most places we go and most places are just solid rock around here ). A small axe is always nice to have and I like to carry a large crow bar usually which has come in handy many times. That does look like a pretty good xmas gift set though!

·
Jeepless in PA
12,587 Posts
I carry the same thing but purchased separately for almost double. :(

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I carry a shovel on my expedition rig.

I carry a Glock in my heep.

The ultimate is a GI steel pot! I know that I can dig you a basement in under a minute when given the right incentives. :rotflmao:

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,122 Posts
Haha I remember digging holes with the old steel pot, i missed it when we went to kevlar. Combination shovel, sink, seat.... Couldn't do half of the stuff with the new helmet.

I guess I should throw one into my jeep :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts