Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I recieved my RE 4.5" SF Kit with some extras and OME shocks.

There were 22 boxes packed in 4 large boxes, only then, while I was checking to make sure everything was there, with everything spread out on my living room floor, did my significant other realize the gravity of our situation... LMAO.....

I should have a better idea when I will have it all done, by tomorrow.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the fun begins!
good luck..
pics dont forget to take pics!
:D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We should get these two Rubi's together sometime.. And compare notes..
As I we are both in the Denver metro area.
My Pinion will be different than yours is, as I got the 3.5" kit coils and plan to leave on my 2" coil spacers, with my RE 4.5" SF kit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John, can you take some spring size measurements unloaded and post them, some of us are interested (mac and me) about what the height is on the 4.5 springs.

Ron

·
Registered
740 Posts
Good luck wrenching! ...and I relate too!

I have one more box to come and in all, I'll have 15 big boxes with who knows how many little boxes. Its very intimidating!

...and I'm trying to get a hand on this welding stuff too!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I did not get any further to formulating a game plan to get all this stuff on. I hope to at least have a reasonable time table by mid week here.

I will post lot of pics once I get started.

On the coil length, you guys want me to take the measurment before it is on? or Do you want the total from ground to diff or somethine once I get it all on? Or both?

I a very brief convo with the "pro" that is supposed to help me with all this, he said, that I should reset my track bars, and my CA's, and my wheel alignment again at 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month intervals, then even again at some point over 1 year after the lift has been on.

Is this typical? I had not heard of anybody doing this is all, he also said keep an eye on my tire wear, as most problems are revealed there first.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep coil length before you install them. Hmmm we'll probably ask you for a loaded height after a little while on road. I PM'd you the coil info from my 3.5 spring (possible 4.5 springs). Good luck on your install. What your "Pro" is talking about is the springs settling in. If you keep good height measurements, you should be able to tell from there. Recommend checking them occasionally, sounds like a good set of intervals, and of course recheck them after adding weight. Shouldn't have to worry to much unless you get a significant drop in height, 1/2" I would do another round of checking measurements.

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts