Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,320 Posts
I don’t know what they are. Where did they come from? Is there heat near by? I would figure out what they do and creatively simulate with parts from a good parts store. If nothing else, zip ties around a piece of rubber tubbing with the wire passing through the tubbing. You can slit the tubing along the length and put the wire inside. Zip ties would secure it using the push grommet holes.

·
Administrator
10,469 Posts
You might be able to find some generic ones (retainer?) at an auto parts store that might work. Or some Jeep/Chrysler dealers have an online parts catalog but I doubt if that is sold, it might be part of an assembly. Also check the online Jeep aftermarket dealers.

·
1,320 Posts
So there’s the function you’re looking for. I couldn’t remember how those were utilized. I relocated mine and can’t remember what I did. I’ll check them out.

·
1,320 Posts
I finally got under my 2004 TJ and took some pics. I had totally forgotten what I did to secure the locker pump wiring when I installed the AEV skid. This methodology has lasted about ten years with no issues on some awesome trails. Everything is mostly zip tied to the brake lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone for the help.
Was at my local jeep dealer looking for the clips.
The Parts man said that the would only come with a harness (if at all).

Norminator, did you keep your pumps in the same place with AEV skip plate?

These are referred to as fir tree pin or umbrella pins (fir tree was most prevalent). I found zip ties with that pin configuration. And I will use one (maybe both) of the holes and pull tight on the connector to secure it.
FIR_TREE_PIN_ZIP_TIE.jpg

·
1,320 Posts
It’s been a long time, but if I remember correctly the AEV skid instructions move the locker pumps from the rear of the stock skid to the front of the AEV skid because theres less room for the pumps in the rear of the AEV skid. There was no need to cut and replace any wire or hose. All the stock plumbing was only rearranged.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts