Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a brand new light bar given to me, it has 5 six inch flood lamps on it 60watt. I bought the mopar wiring install package, it comes with a on/off switch, one relay and wiring. With 5 lights I'm going to add a secong relay and run three on one realy and two on the other. MY question is, how do I route the wiring from the light bar to the wiring under the dash? I have already wired the bar and the dash I just can't bring myself to drill a hole in my new Rubicon. I have heard people drill the out side of the upper windsheild frame. Then drill the bottom of the windsheild frame where it meets the tub, then through the tub into the tub area. This should work so that the windsheild frame can still be flipped forward onto the hood. Does this work!?! Is there an easier/better way!?!

·
Registered
130 Posts
On my `97, I installed a light bar and ran the wire into the cab through the plastic door seal behind the windshield on the passenger's side and through the dashboard (no drilling at all and looked great)

However, the door seals are different on the 2003 models, but maybe you could try the same method and tuck it behind the plastic around the windshield frame and into the dashboard...another option would be to remove all the plastic around the windshield and go back to the 2002 design with the door seal attached to the back of the windshield...

HTH...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts