Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, maybe I'm stupid (likely) or maybe my straps are sewn in the wrong spots, but how the hell do you connect the upper corner straps WITHOUT unscrewing the speaker pods?

The picture in the directions is vague and this is the only place they will feed through. Taking this thing on and off is a PITA because of this.

Is yours the same way? Any suggestions?

G

·
0 Posts
Mike, I had a 2001 Sport. In that year, there was space between the speaker bar (which went all the way across) and the center roll bar. It was possible to feed the straps through this gap. I haven't had a chance to examine the new speaker pods, but I suspect they are fastened in a wholly different way, whch may have closed the gap. There were two corner straps on mine that I ran to the side roll bars, also through the gap. It may be that a new windjammer design will be required. I have ordered one from the dealer, so I will check it out when it arrives.

Dan

·
Registered
454 Posts
You don't have to undo the speaker pods. The strap goes around the junction where the 4 bars meet. Take one side of the strap and bring it up from the inside cab area and the other strap comes around under the speaker pod.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RUBIDAN - yup, the gap is closed now.

triver - the you say to do it sounds like it is how the directions show, but i think my strap angles are sewn a little off. this method makes the jammer contort a bit, which made me think i was doing it wrong. but i am going to use this strap route - thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts