Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any issues with installing a safari or daves type rack on their Rubi? :morning:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm waiting for the weather to break to install my Mountaineer Rack.(replaces back seat type) and it looks like the roll bars are bigger round than the brackets that came with the rack :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was fairly sure that the Mountaineer Rack wouldn't fit without some "tweaking",due to the thicker bars on the 2003 models.
I am looking at getting an overhead rack for the outside of the Rubi,and was wondering if anybody has had any issues (fitment) with them on their 2003 TJ's. :?:
Some of the retailers and manufacturers are listing them for 03 models,but I don't completely trust those claims without some third party feedback. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That rack looks sweet(Kilby...),but I was looking for info about exterior racks and whether there were any changes in the body from 02-03 model years that would keep the "older "overhead racks from fitting properly.
Anyway,after some more research(and lots of bear :mrgreen: ),I've decided to go with a Wilderness Rack.
I will eventually install either the Mountaneer Rack or Kilby on the inside.
I know that rear seat is outa there as soon as I have some time! :bad-words:
Last weekend I loaded up for a trip,was told we would be "camping out".
Got there,and the campground was closed,BUT,we were all staying at the "research facillity"(2 bunk houses,hot showers,full kitchen,THE TAJ-MAHAL!)! 8)
Even with the rear seat folded up,I had a lot of unusable room in the back,and not even the cooler set in there flat with all the G.D. floor brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts