Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's a new twist to the BB lift question...

Who makes the most durable (non-metal) spring spacer? Daystar, RE, Tereflex, Trailmaster, or other?

I had Trailmaster's kit on my other TJ and it seemed like it was solid and didn't deform. However, I'm not hearing that too many Rubi owners are using the TM BBs.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
RE IMO....Good system and I have seen them passed on to many people in brand new condition....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Does it really matter how durable it is? How long do you plan on running the spacer? In my opinion spacers should only be used as a temporary fix while you are waiting to save money for new suspension gear.

G

·
0 Posts
Agreed...

They are just a way of allowing the fitment of larger tires, before you can afford longer coils and shocks.

Most people only have them in there for a year or so.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it does matter to me how durable it is. I've heard that Tereflex spacers have distorted on some people after using them for a short period of time, and I don't want to end up having to replace spacers every few months.

And, I disagree that it's a "temporary" fix since many use spacers to level the jeep after putting on heavy bumpers and winches...

G

·
0 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know where they get them, But RockyRoad 4x4 has the most solid, beefy looking ones I have ever seen. But looks can be decieving, I plan on keeping mine on in addition to my new suspension. I sure hope they hold up, but way to early to tell. At least it is not that hard to replace them, so I am not so sure, it is that big of a concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts