Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Who drives a Rubicon ....

103K views 672 replies 553 participants last post by  Surgicon 
#1 ·
I’m just curious ….

What kind of people Drive a Rubicon.

I’ll start….

I’m 35 years old and a full time Mobile DJ (for over 16 years).

#3 ·
I am 46 with a Computer Science degree (and 25 yrs electronics experience) working on detection and surveillance systems for the U.S. Navy.

#4 ·
34 year old - married, no kids.
Computer programmer, gamer (PC/XBox) and avid off-roader (been 'wheeling for 11 years).

I don't like extreme wheeling (costs too much, all my 4x4s are daily drivers), but admire people who do all/most of the work on their own vehicles. I'm a decent shade-tree mechanic.

I've had (and wheeled them all!):
1986 Jeep Commanche (MJ) [horrible 2.8L V-6]
1993 Jeep Wrangler S (YJ)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport (TJ)
1996 AM General Hummer (H1)
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (TJ)

#6 ·
Well, I dont have it to drive yet..

Im a 35 y/o Art Director .. (loosly Defined)..

Avid X-Boxer (when the wife isn't watching the baseball games)

#8 ·
29 year old Network Manager for a railroad services company. The Jeep is really my wife's (Angie) as she's always wanted one. I'm a sports car guy. I sold my Z06 Corvette in May of last year and trying my hardest not to go buy a new C6 Corvette. We've been married 11 years with no kids.

Gamer as well. I've got almost every console going back 20 years in my collection and also have a full size original Donkey Kong game in my office. These days I play on XBox and PC mainly.

Before the Jeep we didn't even change our own oil...now we do it all. So far everything on the Rubi was done by us with some help on the main lift by friends.

Hey Dustin, are you on XBox Live? My GamerTag is NetJunkie there too.

#13 ·
19 i am youngen, i will be 20 in a few weeks. College Student studing Civil Engineering and doing Army ROTC, so i am going to me in the military. Aiming for SF. I am also crazy. I am not a spoiled bart, i am paying completely for the jeep.

oh yea Republican

#15 ·
21, College Student (Biology Education Major), I live with my girlfriend.

I take work as I find it, right now I work in the school cafeteria, want to go back to construction, but the hours I have now work for me.
Something worth mentioning due to my age raising the possible eyebrow; I saved/invested money for the better part of my life and paid cash for my jeep. :D

I'm a caver. Wild caves only, I don't get anything out of the concrete walk way stuff, if I can fit my shoulders through a hole in the ground, odds are I'll try to crawl in it (fortunatly for me MO is the cave state).
I'm also into mountain biking.
White water canoeing is also really cool but requires I drive to Arkansas for anything worth doing.
I love to camp, but I stick to national forests rather than camp sites; I don't see much point in driving to the wilderness to get irritated by the guy next door. :D

#16 ·
26 y/o landscape architect (just passed my license exams woohoo) working with a civil/structural/enviro engineering office. University of CT grad, (go huskies). For fun in no specific order, wheeling my jeep, wrenching on my 66 mustang, 65 chvy c-10, riding my fz-1 streetbike, big bicycling fan, kayaker. Love camping, target shooting, my RC truck, woodworking. Trying to find time to design and build our house (before my g/f gives up and pays to have it done) Damn thats enough about me, I feel like this is a personal add, (did I mention long walks on the beach :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

#17 ·
I should add ....

I'm Married (10 years) with 1 2 year old boy.

Also, I'm one of the few DJs in the country that uses a totaly PC based DJ/VJ system. (yes i mix both Audio and music videos) 8)

#19 ·

47, almost 48 years old. Married, two teenagers. BS degree in Management; I will (hopefully) graduate with an MA in International Relations this summer. Retired Air Force: 10 years Pararescueman (PJ) and 10+ years staff geek. Consultant to the Department of Defense for 4 years and now a civil servant for the Air Force. Have rebuilt a Dodge Little Red Express truck and a Triumph Spitfire. Hobbies are bass fishing and fitness. This is my first Jeep. Always wanted one but couldnt' afford one back in the day and never did like the YJs due to all the mechanical problems. Saw my first Rubi and had to have one. Told my wife that they were perfect and never needed any more modifications -- :bangtard: Now I have the addiction........

political affiliation: LIBERTARIAN

#21 ·
46 and a steelworker for 28 of them. I'm a roller on a cold roll mill for United States Steel (I roll the steel for our Rubi's and many others). 4 children 3 of which are grown and on their own. Hope to retire in about 4 years and wheel full time. :wink:

G
#22 ·
33 years old, married, 10 year old step-son, 8 month old boy-girl twins.

BA in Poli Sci from University of San Diego in 1993. Then I taught Middle School and High School for a bit. Now I reconstruct traffic accidents for a living.

I also enjoy playing my Xbox, but don't get a whole lot of time due to the twins.

Craig

#23 ·
33. Married. 1st child due Oct 30. Ex-army ranger, C 3/75th. Oh yeah, and Mod Kitty eats on my porch.

I calibrate and maintain online gas chromatographs, NIR analyzers, pH & concentration azrs & nitrates azrs for a large nylon plant. We make tire yarn for certain tires, carpet fiber for your house, nylon for injection-molded parts in vehicles, adipic acid (the tangy taste in skittles) and a bunch of other stuff.

A couple of years ago I decided to go back to school to get a degree in English Writing. Want me to autograph anything before that first best seller? (hint: you've got plenty of time for that one! :D)

Hobbies include jeeping, sea kayaking (not since the hurricane!), writing, geocaching, and watching Mod Kitty stalk Soundguy's new pet mouse, Daisy. :lildevil:

Former loves: '84 fullsize blazer on 33s, '84 straight-axle 4runner on 33s. '02 Sahara. Now, only have eyes for my '03 Rubi...on 33s.

-Lamar

#24 ·
23 married no kids 2 dogs
shift manager at a local mcdonalds. (yeah i know...)
love outdoors, fishing, camping, fishing, ATV's, fishing, Jeeps and fishing. :D
didnt plan on buying a rubicon, went to try and get my wife a Liberty, turned us down and i went and bought myself something. :lildevil:

G
#25 ·
36, married with three chihuahua's that wheel with us, I am a UPS/DC Power/Battery technician. Ex telecom installer, ex Logger. Anti tree hugger Pro environment. Am all for the rest of the world cleaning up their chitholes before a single new piece of environmental legislation is introduced in our country. Yes I am a Radical and proud of it!!!

:usa:

#26 ·
25, almost married once, no kids, former Army Airborne (12B1P), now pick orders and drive a truck for a plumbing and heating wholesaler on the Londonderry, NH to Barre, VT run every day. NRA life member, and Libertarian who usually votes Republican. Oh, and I indulge my dorkish side by playing video games and D&D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.