Rubicon Owners Forum banner

641 - 660 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm a 50 year old Systems/Network Administrator for the U.S. Army. Spent 5 years active duty then became a civilian doing the same type work. I enjoy wrenching on my Rubicon and playing the banjo. Here's a picture of me and my beautiful wife.

·
Registered
50 Posts
54 year old senior tech analyst at my company, also a life'r as they call it....35 years and counting. Been married to my wonderful wife for 33 years. Enjoy the outdoors, fishing, hunting and riding/driving anything with 4 wheels.
My Rubi takes me fishing right up to the the waters edge of the Coosa River a mile and a half through woods and fields to get there, comfortably to the hunting lease an hour and 20 minutes away, hauls deer and coolers of fish on the rear rack, takes me and the wife out to dinner and to church on the weekends, and plays on the hills, ruts, creek crossings and in the mud here at the house.
I had always wanted a Jeep. I was a step away from buying a black 79 Laredo (I think) in 1981, but the salesman backed out on me. Then came marriage, 2 boys, sports, to and from practice and games, trucks for them (4x4s of course), boats...just was never practical for my daily driver. In 2004 I was given a 45 rust bucket called a Willys. Still has the military tires on it. Played around with that for many an hour. In 2003 I drooled over the Rubicons when they arrived. One day......
Finally, the empty nest came and after a lot of looking I was able to get my hands on a Ruby. 2 years later and I've almost got it fixed up like I want. Almost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It would seem that Rubi fans are getting older. The first page of this in 2004 was all young guys, who are now old guys :grin:

71 years old, technical supervisor for a school system.

·
Administrator
11,247 Posts
It would seem that Rubi fans are getting older. The first page of this in 2004 was all young guys, who are now old guys

71 years old, technical supervisor for a school system.
We're survivors of the "hey guys, hold my beer and watch this" stage of life :p. I retired a long time ago from AT&T, just turned 67 :rolleyes:.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
........ I retired a long time ago from AT&T, just turned 67 :rolleyes:.

I retired from AT&T in 2000 after 26.5 years there, thanks to their rule of 75. I was in facilities maintenance. Turning 69 at the end of the month.

·
Administrator
11,247 Posts
I retired from AT&T in 2000 after 26.5 years there, thanks to their rule of 75. I was in facilities maintenance. Turning 69 at the end of the month.
I took an early buyout as a second level salaried staff cubical warrior. At that time I was in Corporate IT in central Florida. Our unit (data processing) was being sold to IBM and IBM only had a requirement to keep ex-ATT staff on their payroll for one year and I would have needed to work about 16 years with IBM to retire. No thanks.

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a 48 year old, retired auto tech turned dispatcher for a commercial waste hauler. I've been an avid four wheeler off and on for 30 of my 48, I also fly RC helicopters, ride sportbikes and am an ex amateur road racer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
49 yo heavy equipment mechanic . traded the 11 JK sport in on a 2014 JKUR and never looked back . it gets USED off road too. no mall crawlin for us . Wife loves it as much as i do . never thought id hear her say " you shoulda got 37s" but she did lol.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
51 year old long time offroader and have owned Jeeps since 1991. Retring in 4 years and will have 35 years in as a union electrician. Love, love, love, Jeeps

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
62 yrs old, been with the same ministry in ABQ since 1985. Shipper, shipping manager, now the buyer.

Got the Jeep bug in 1988 when I got a 1980 CJ7. Although I only kept it a few months, I was hooked for life, apparently...currently on Jeep # 14 - '04 Ruby will most likely be the last.

With retirement just around the corner, I look forward to more Jeeping time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also looking at retirement just around the corner. Been wheeling for years. Traded a YJ for the LJR. Love it. Looking forward to many Moab and Rubicon wheeling trips! :elf:

641 - 660 of 672 Posts