Rubicon Owners Forum banner

621 - 640 of 672 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys/gals. I'm a 37 yr old father of two in CT. I work for Sikorsky Aircraft as an electrician on Marine One.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Time for an "update," or a first-timer in this thread. I'm not sure, and I'm not going to read through 60+ pages to search for a post I may never have made in the first place. :splat:

2012 Rubicon Unlimited

- 40 years old

- Father to four cats

- Work in merchandising

- Married 9 years on 04/23/14

- Hobbies include writing/playing/recording my own music (METAL! :rock: ), muscle cars, long drives with the tops off the Jeep, the occasional off-road excursion, driving through tons of snow (in the Jeep), and mountain biking

This is my first Wrangler, and will not be my last. I'm planning on trading my 2012 next year IF Jeep releases a statement that the 2016 Wrangler will be equipped with an IFS setup. Provided that does happen, a 2015 Wrangler will be the last one I purchase. If not, I will happily stick with my 2012 for years to come! Just sayin'...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a US Army Vet masquerading around as an international vagrant while pretending to be a Program Manager in Government and Defense logistics in the Middle East and Africa. I get to deal with the DoD, local governments and Ministries of Defense for logistics moves in support of FMS and other goofy stuff.

Kind of fun till you come back to the US and have to go through customs and you have a 1 yr old passport that already has three inserts and is full of dodgey stamps and you are always that random person getting checked and questioned.

I'm looking to get home at the end of the year permanently. Wife says it is 'no bueno' anymore so she already moved back. Till I get back she will drive my Rubi I picked up a few weeks back.....sigh...

Oh and I have two kick arse German Shredders!

·
Premium Member
7,060 Posts
Back after a hiatus,, had a buggy for a while and have somme health issues that keep me from bouncing around and then started light trail wheeling the TJ and just picked this up today :grin:

I've got to look around for some advice and start all over again..

Now to get a lift and some 35's or 37's on it since I have spare set of them..

·
Registered
464 Posts
24 year old, married, newborn son, work at a soybean processing plant as a dryer operator, hunter/fisherman, do some wheeling but hard to find land to do that here in Iowa

Funny thing is I had a crew cab truck before I was married(long term girlfriend who is now my wife) got married traded the truck for a TJ found out she was pregnant 2 weeks later, truck would have been a better family vehicle but no where near as cool

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
30 Single, no kids, 1 dog (looking for a 2nd), I am a geologist and sometimes work offshore.

I am an avid mountain biker, photographer, camping, hiking, enjoy wheeling, and working with horses, don't really play video games anymore. I prefer to be in the country apposed to the city or suburbs

The Jeep

·
Registered
3 Posts
53 years old and recently retired from 34 years of Law Enforcement. This included around 8 years of Uniform Patrol, 15 years as a Juvenile Detective (the most grueling but also the most rewarding portion of my career) then on to a supervisory position in Patrol and Community Services. Currently I'm working full time at my part time, laid back "retirement job", making money to help feed my new "]ust Empty Every Pocket" (JEEP) addiction.

I have been happily married to the same wonderful woman for the last 35 years and have one awesome adult son who made his daddy proud by also becoming a Law Enforcement Officer.

It's a honorable career made up if so many dedicated men and women ready to lay down their lives for the citizens they took the oath to protect. (O.K. I'll get off my soap box now)

My wife and I both love to travel and explore either by four wheels or two, hauling either our pop up camper or a tent. We have crossed the country in our trusty Mazda MX-5 Miata numerous times (we LOVE that car, don't knock them until you've tried them, just ask the true sports car people) and want to do the same in the future, heading off to the distant trails in our "new to us" 2005 LJ . We have always wanted a Jeep since the first time we rented a CJ in the mid 1980's in the San Jean Mountains of Colorado and headed up into the trails. Now we have one.

I've been a "stalker" in this forum for a little while now but this is my first post.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
53 years old and recently retired from 34 years of Law Enforcement. This included around 8 years of Uniform Patrol, 15 years as a Juvenile Detective (the most grueling but also the most rewarding portion of my career) then on to a supervisory position in Patrol and Community Services. Currently I'm working full time at my part time, laid back "retirement job", making money to help feed my new "]ust Empty Every Pocket" (JEEP) addiction.

I've been a "stalker" in this forum for a little while now but this is my first post.
Welcome and thank for your 34 years of service. My father retired from law enforcement last year after 35 something years...

·
Registered
29 Posts
49 years old, Georgia native and residing 50 miles north of Atlanta.

Fire service for the last 26 years.

Really enjoying the foum.

621 - 640 of 672 Posts