Rubicon Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 671 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
LTJ said:
Hey! I saw Gone in Sixty Seconds. What exactly is the family business? :nono:
boosted cars as in turbo boosted cars :rotflmao:
You'll see what I'm talking about when the spare engine and tranny for the jeep come in :)

I don't steal cars, this is the family business.. http://minutemansw.com

·
Administrator
15,114 Posts
im mac...everyone calls me mac. am in the 50`s club. (52)

UPDATE!!!!
born in Los Angeles...spent time in my Yout in Rochester NY.
met my lovely wife 26yrs ago (Happy Anniv Sheri ) TODAY!!!

we have 2 kids...have travled to most every state in the US.. including Alaska (my fav) Hawaii (wifes fav)
ms H is now a part time Rubi driver. :wink: (NOT THE OWNER)

ed. background is water quality/ bussn admin
worked in pipeline constr. built homes.keep returning to water quality.

moved from the beach`s of so cal now live in Las Vegas!

this is my 3rd Jeep have had toyota`s...fords....chevys...
other passion was my Harley! ( Hunny, its gone but not forever!!)

Wife`s fav saying is all the time says SHE has 3 kids....
2 girls and a Hubby!
oh yea..Mrs M other fav saying :

"Rubi-Con-Job"

·
Registered
639 Posts
36 yo network protocol/embedded programmer (mainly UDP/TCP/SNMP and low-level socket). I work for a small startup specializing in Ultraband technology (fixed bandwidth up to 40mbps over existing cable network).

Married, 2yo daughter. Rubicon is my 2nd TJ. Not too much into hardcore offroading since I never have enough spare change lying around to do major lift and tires.

Used to be in hunting (when I lived in Utah) and competition shooting (IDPA) but can't find much time anymore (wife, kid, new house, etc.).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi. My name is Traci, and I'm a Rubiholic.

32, married (much better the second time around :D ), no kids. I'm an airline pilot. I graduated with a BS in Wildlife Biology in '94 from Oregon State University, and yes, I am a Beaver. I shaved during my entire college stay, was a member of the Young Republicans, and spent some of my free time on the university pistol team.

I love all things outdoors, but especially camping, hiking, and fishing. I can kill fuzzy animals and eat them.

I grew up in a gearhead family, my parents met street racing in the late 60's. Mom had a GTO and Dad had a Camaro. I've been warped since childhood. Dad and I restored a '66 Mustang when I was in high school.

I bought a '69 CJ5 when I moved to AZ ten years ago with my future ex.
I loved that jeep, we went everywhere. Marriage didn't last, got to keep the jeep and all I could pack in her.

Fast forward to '99 and I was letting a "friend with benefits" drive my Jeep. He totaled her. I was crushed. Luckily he had to leave the state the next day. He actually had the balls to still hang around, he said that he would buy me a new one. Riiiight. Three years later...I married him.
Last April we bought my Rubicon.

He used to own a CJ7, so now we're the little jeeping family. Probably one of the best marital aids we could have purchased! At least we never have to squabble over mods. Furniture is sooo over-rated. At least it wasn't that hard to convince him that the best way to level the Rubi would be to add a 9.5ti. :rotflmao:

Thanks for sharing guys,

daisy

·
Registered
447 Posts
23, recent college grad. I have BSME and work for a Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing firm in Atlanta. We design systems for entire Hospitals, and some other markets.

About to be poor because I not only have a car payment on my 04, but will have a mortgage on a house near the city. Damn these rising house costs!!!

And i'm Republican..........see sig.

·
Registered
22 Posts
30, married, Little Girl "Charlie Jo", Wife bought the Rubi. . .I stole it. . .She drives the Volvo. . .The old CJ has been retired to weekend/trail duty, avid mountain biker, Side business of HD/PC Home Entertainment systems, day job-Oracle System Engineer.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
im 31 married, no kids, 1 dog. im a porsche tech currently working at a dealership. i hope to someday open my own shop. im in the process of trying to buy our first house, so all hobbies other than jeep have been pretty much put on hold, and even that has been scaled down drastically. other things that i enjoy but dont have time or money for are: skiing, hockey, rockclimbing (not just with the jeep), caving, and almost anything automotive.

my political offiliation is: i will vote for whoever i believe will do the best job... as of yet i have always voted republican and that streak will not change this year.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Wow! there are some really interesting folks on here. I'm 39 and female. I'm married to a wonderful man I met all because of a big yellow monster jeep he built that impressed the heck out of me, but that story would take a while to tell so I'll skip it for now. I have a 19 month old son as a result who is the apple of his mama's eye. I'm originally a Texas girl, born and raised there for 35 years before moving to Wisconsin. Still southern to the core, refuse to lose my southern drawl. I'm a horse trainer (roping, team penning, western pleasure), got 3 of my own - all trained by me. I'm into jeeps, offroading and hotrods. I'm a car buff. I have a 75 Olds Cutlass Supreme (mint) - Daddy gave to me; a 1979 Bandit Edition black TransAm with a very nasty 455 - husband gave to me (I don't drive it often cause I'm a little skeered of it), a 1980 Black CJ-7 and my 04 Rubi. I am in the process of looking for a flat fender military jeep to add to my collection. I also have my eye out for a '57 Chevy BelAir if a good deal should come up. I am a legal assistant/paralegal. I do everything a lawyer does, but I'm just not licensed to go to court. Maybe some day I'll change that. I support 3 lawyers. 1 government/land zoning; 1 corporate and 1 tax.

Before I go here's my son in his favorite place. Can you tell who might own this car in the future???
:D :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm 33, divorced with a 10 year old son who loves Jeepin'. Living in sin (her mother's terms) with my current gf for about 6 months. Talking alot about marriage and kids lately. I think we're going to try a dog together first. She brought two cats with her.

Grew up in southwestern North Dakota, went to school in Phoenix, hired out of school before I got my degree which brought me to SLC, Utah. I am an integrated circuit designer and I got an employee discount on my Rubi because the company I work for designs the computer chips that fire off the air bags. (not my division, don't even ask)

Just recently started going back to school for my computer science degree. When I have some free time I am out rock climbing, snowboarding, mountain biking, or hitting a track day on my motorcycle. Broke both collar bones in two seperate crashes on the bike last year, so that's slowed me down a bit. I have onboard video from one if anyone's interested. :D

The Rubicon is my 3rd Jeep, had 2 old wagoneers in the past. Working on those old things was pretty close to a weekly process. I guess I learned enough on them and do all of my own work on the Rubicon.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Im 25 and single no kids. I am an IT manager for an Insurance agency / company. I also freelance fixing / building computers and networks. I have lived in Indiana my entire life except for a short stint in Orlando florida which I would move back to florida in a heartbeat I love it down there. My hobbies are Jeeping, scuba diving, mt biking and being out doors. I am also a gamer pc / ps2 / ps1 / xbox (modded for xbmc) Im not into sports never have been. And I like long walks on the beach and looking for a girl that does also. :) Oh yea this is my 3rd jeep. I had a 97se for awhile then a 97 sport.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Name: Tricia

35 years old, been wheeling a long time (started with an 89 s-10), Married 9 yrs (lived together 16), no kids, 1 Dachshund (thats our baby), Run a bodyshop for a Chrysler/Jeep dealership, Big time in cars and toys. We have a 72 vette and my DD is an 04 PT CRUISER High Output Turbo stick shift (it ripps for a 4 banger). Do a lot of camping/hiking. Also into collecting Hot Wheels. We spend just about all extra time we can wheeln'

·
Registered
445 Posts
My turn. Soon to be 43 YO born 'n raised in Calgary, Alberta Canada with Bachelor of General Studies, Diploma of Electronics Engineering Technology and a whole lot of other paper garbage. :laugh: Married 9.5 years to a much younger wife (she turned 30 this year.. good thing she doesn't read this yet hehe). No kids yet, but 2 cats, rabbit, budgie and 2 fish.

I used to be in health, EMS and hospital work (including some with the Canadian Military), but now switched over to computers. Currently I'm the entire IT department for this office of the firm I work for, but perhaps not for long. I'm considering going back to the fitness industry to free up my schedule and enjoy myself again.

We like 4x4ing, hiking, backpacking, scuba diving, trying different restaurants, meditation, enlightenment etc.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm almost 47 and have been married to my much much better half for 27 years. We have 2 young'uns (17 and 21). I'm a Project Manager and this is my first jeep, bought because I thought Angelina Jolie came with it and I needed a ride to the mall. Then I found out Angelina did not come with my model of Rubi and the mall kicked me out for smoking to close to the entrance. I didn't know what to do until I found this site searching for the address to Ruby Tuesdays and learned that these things go off road and that loud noises, creaks, groans, grinding, bad manners and poor mileage was a very good thing. I also learned that it was not only acceptable to spend lots of money I don't have on Ruby mods...it was in fact encouraged and expected. I now have my youngest son almost convinced that he doesn't really need new shoes or to start college next year and soon I'll complete the mods I have left.
Ken

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
51 year old T-38C avionics technician/trainer with Boeing Integrated Defense Systems. 2 adult kids. Wrangler Sport is the wife's, but she lets me drive and upgrade it. Holding out for an Unlimited Rubicon...
Been around Jeeps since I was a kid. Still have the 1960 Willys wagon that was the family's first Jeep.

·
Registered
298 Posts
23 Bartender by trade with a BS in Environmental Science. Live with the girl of dreams, and her puppy (if only we were together). Still in search of that good old fashion day job so I can afford to mod my Jeep. Had her since Dec. 16 and she still sits stock except the Durabak.

T

·
Registered
649 Posts
My turn,

48 but I think I'm 28, I have a wonderful younger wife that drives our Chevy 2500HD 4x4 PU and tells me I have Jeep in my blood haha. I have two sons one 22 year old with a 2004 Rubicon known on here as (uppidycon) and a 10 year old that has had an electric jeep, a converted lawn tractor to an off-road rig with roll cage, & a 4-wheeler. And the pets, Rebel a 115lb Black Lab, Kosmo a 5lb Yorkshire terrier (the bad ass), Billie the female cat & Willie the male cat and a whole bunch of raccoons & wild cats that we feed. I am a mechanical designer / draftsman for a chemical plant and use AutoCAD & Micro Station to produce drawings and design process equipment, piping systems, pressure vessels, pumps & pipelines. We all love going on off-road adventures. I think this forum is the greatest.

:) :) :) :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Who drives a Rubicon

43 year old cop who loves to have a vehicle that will take me anywhere I want to go. Also have three girls that LOVE to wheel.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I drive one.

I am a 27 Year old Locksmith.
married, no kids except well the jeep...lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a 28 year old General Sales Manager at a farily large automotive dealership outside of Greensboro, NC. I went to NC State and graduated with a BS in Textile Engineering, but decided with the way Textiles is headed in the US, that I better venture else-where.

I love to play soccer (and still do play). I'll hit a few tennis balls when I get the chance. And try and hit a few trails with the Rubi. I'm also a huge follower of Wolfpack sports (hoping for a miracle against Miami this coming weekend!! :D ). This is my second Wrangler. I had a 95' Rio Grande Edition that I drove while at college.

I got married last April to my beautiful bride Stacie. We have no kids but do have a Sheltie that thinks he is a kid.

41 - 60 of 671 Posts