Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
46 and a steelworker for 28 of them. I'm a roller on a cold roll mill for United States Steel (I roll the steel for our Rubi's and many others). 4 children 3 of which are grown and on their own. Hope to retire in about 4 years and wheel full time. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
33 years old, married, 10 year old step-son, 8 month old boy-girl twins.

BA in Poli Sci from University of San Diego in 1993. Then I taught Middle School and High School for a bit. Now I reconstruct traffic accidents for a living.

I also enjoy playing my Xbox, but don't get a whole lot of time due to the twins.

Craig

·
Registered
639 Posts
33. Married. 1st child due Oct 30. Ex-army ranger, C 3/75th. Oh yeah, and Mod Kitty eats on my porch.

I calibrate and maintain online gas chromatographs, NIR analyzers, pH & concentration azrs & nitrates azrs for a large nylon plant. We make tire yarn for certain tires, carpet fiber for your house, nylon for injection-molded parts in vehicles, adipic acid (the tangy taste in skittles) and a bunch of other stuff.

A couple of years ago I decided to go back to school to get a degree in English Writing. Want me to autograph anything before that first best seller? (hint: you've got plenty of time for that one! :D)

Hobbies include jeeping, sea kayaking (not since the hurricane!), writing, geocaching, and watching Mod Kitty stalk Soundguy's new pet mouse, Daisy. :lildevil:

Former loves: '84 fullsize blazer on 33s, '84 straight-axle 4runner on 33s. '02 Sahara. Now, only have eyes for my '03 Rubi...on 33s.

-Lamar

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
23 married no kids 2 dogs
shift manager at a local mcdonalds. (yeah i know...)
love outdoors, fishing, camping, fishing, ATV's, fishing, Jeeps and fishing. :D
didnt plan on buying a rubicon, went to try and get my wife a Liberty, turned us down and i went and bought myself something. :lildevil:

G

·
0 Posts
36, married with three chihuahua's that wheel with us, I am a UPS/DC Power/Battery technician. Ex telecom installer, ex Logger. Anti tree hugger Pro environment. Am all for the rest of the world cleaning up their chitholes before a single new piece of environmental legislation is introduced in our country. Yes I am a Radical and proud of it!!!

:usa:

·
Registered
418 Posts
25, almost married once, no kids, former Army Airborne (12B1P), now pick orders and drive a truck for a plumbing and heating wholesaler on the Londonderry, NH to Barre, VT run every day. NRA life member, and Libertarian who usually votes Republican. Oh, and I indulge my dorkish side by playing video games and D&D.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
27 years old, and getting married in July. I have a cat because I'm not home enough to care for a dog (My fiancee loves Mod kitty). I did my BS in athletic training at Ball State University, worked for the Baltimore Orioles for a year before deciding that there were greener pastures in the college ranks. I did my masters at the University of Oklahoma and was part of a really fun football national championship and worked with thier wrestling team which was also very successful and fun.

Now, I am an athletic trainer for Vanderbilt University's baseball team. I have been here for 3 years. It's a ton of fun, but the hours are brutal. My dad has been into Jeeping for a while, and I had Rubi envy, so I bought one just like his, except yellow. I don't have much time to wheel and not enough money to do the cool mods, but I absolutely love it the way it is, and love to dream about what I can do with it. It is my one and only hobby besides work.

BTW- Tennessee has early voting and I gave mine to Bush!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
48 Years old, *much*younger wife, three wonderful kids. Own an Internet hosting company and still won't give up the day-to-day engineering to keep my skills fresh. Big into toys, with a boat, an RV, quads, and the Rubi in addition to the daily drivers. Into outdoors stuff, wheeling, geocaching, hiking in addition to indoor stuff like building crazy gaming machines and fufilling the "honey do" lists.

-Roger

·
Registered
628 Posts
23 dispatcher for a trucking company. Engaged and the kids consist of a dog, four cats and fish (hers) which I'm trying to kill off to get a snake.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
33 Year old Police Officer, work-a-holic.
Never married, but I know it is only a matter of time... I think I am heading down that road now.
Jeep addict.

G

·
0 Posts
40 y.o. Architect, married, 3 kids (10, 12 and 20), scout master, hunter, fisherman, trapper, and carpenter.

·
Registered
521 Posts
40 years young, married 7 years to a wonderfully understanding wife, 12 year old daughter,

I work for a security integrations company selling, engineering, and managing the installation of access control, CCTV, digital recording, and intrusion detection systems. been in this field about 11 years and really enjoy it.

My hobbies are pretty much Jeeps (this is my third), fishing, bird hunting, but haven't had much time or money for any of the above lately

My other main vice is cigars, I really love a good cigar with a crown and coke after a long stressful day, and theres nothing quite like sitting in the great outdoors after a good day puffing on a good stogie.....

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
23 years old, BMW technician, from a family of 13 , (don't know where I got JEEPS or guns from, nobody else likes them :D ) Not married, Saving for the Rubicon (5 months to go) and MOAB (11 months to go) I play X-box, and volunteer @ a local church. Other than that...I don't do much.

·
Registered
639 Posts
ibefaisal said:
22, planning my takeover of the family business <snip> I also work on boosted cars.
Hey! I saw Gone in Sixty Seconds. What exactly is the family business? :nono:

:LILRDJP: "Pull it right over there next to the plasma cutter, Faisal."

:rotflmao:

-Lamar

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,040 Posts
40, married with a 22 year old stepdaughter, and have 2 dogs. The Rubi is my 4th jeep (2 XJs and 2 TJs). I am a chemist/lab manager (been a paint chemist for 17 years now). Just moved to North Carolina from Oklahoma (1 year) and Chicago (4 years) and am originally from Montreal (I am Canadian). Hobbies include offroading, PC gaming, scuba diving, hiking, camping, travelling...

I am not a Republican (I can't vote yet, but will be one day)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just turned 40; married for 12 years; four year old boy who LOVES Jeeps and Jeepin' (he's always pointing out what he believes are Jeep trails); former management consultant now managing consultants; enjoy Jeepin' (the Rubi is my fourth), slot car racing, autocross, road racing, geocaching, camping, hunting, fishing ... the list goes on forever; ex-Army; gun owner & Republican.

If you like Pina Coloda's... :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm 33 years old, divorced, no kids. I am an electrical test engineer at Electric Boat in Groton, CT. I have worked on the USS Virginia (first of the class) and currently working on the USS Jimmy Carter (last of the Seawolf class). I was a nuclear electrician in the Navy (got out in 1999), and served on both the USS Nimitz (aircraft carrier) and the USS Memphis (submarine). I graduated from the University of Maine in 2003 with a BS in Environmental Management and Policy (Economics, Law, Poly. Sci., Env. Sciences)... I am unfortunately not using my degree at the present time, but I am a member of the Montville Conservation Commission (town government)...

I have one cat (my ex found her, brought her home, and the cat adopted me, so I kept her after the divorce). I am a X-Box/pc gamer, computer geek, and I love to hunt and shoot guns, as well as camp and wheel... this is my first jeep, though. I have lived in 13 states and nearly visited them all, as well as nearly been around the world. I was born in Pittsburgh (go Steelers!), but I am a die hard UCONN Basketball fan and a UMaine Hockey fan. And after living in the northeast for so long I have become a Red Sox fan.

I guess that sums it up. Oh, and just so you don't get the wrong idea about my degree and my political affiliation, my ex said,"I was a wolf in sheep's clothing... learning the ways of the liberal in order to beat them!" :D

Michael

·
Registered
150 Posts
I feel like I am writing my resume!

28, married, no kids, two dogs both labs. University of Cincinnati grad. I am a mechaincal engineer at 3M, been at it for 4 years. I grew up wrenching on cars, my parents own and operate a rather large Automotive repair and Body shop. I would love to take over the family buisness strictly to keep use of the facilities (I can't remember the last time I actually had to use a jack to lift one of my cars or Jeep :D lifts are nice 8) ), but I probably won't. I can build or fabricate just about anything I need for the Jeep. I also spent about 17 years of my life racing everything from karts to recently late model stock cars in a semi pro Nascar touring series. Lots of fun, but also lots of work, not to mention money! Jeep mods are cheap compared to race cars!

·
Registered
966 Posts
34 years old. wife and 3 kids 4, 3 and 5 months (boy boy girl)
I am in sales and I am always trying to start a business. Born and raised in NY (Long Island) and trying like hell to convince my wife to move to Atlanta. I go wheeling about once a month in the Northeast and PA. I belong to LI Off Road http://www.ec4wda.org/lior

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
ok my turn.. i am 22.. i am an "architectural draftsman".. i draw houses, but am not an architect.. got the first degree in computer aided drafting.. i still go to school... my next degree i want to work on may be my business degree.. still live at home, but i am working on getting out.. i figure i need that next raise to be comfortable on my own.. always single.. like girls too much to stay w/ just one and like partying when i can, but when money for wheeling is needed, i shut everything down to go.. wheeling can even come before girls.. i just figure there are too many out there then to listen to one complain about it... sports fanatic.. basketball, football, soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball, want to get into golf, working out and tennis.. love outdoors, camping, swimming in my lake, hunting.. and of course working on the jeep.. i wont even get into the yj i use to have... but thats a lil' 'bout me..

21 - 40 of 671 Posts