Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Hey fellas...who does the work as far as lift, raising, tires, etc. Will the dealer do this? And how do you find a reputable person to do this.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had the dealer install my lift. I found a place to sell it to them (they were only Teraflex dealers) for a good price and they installed it. I like getting the dealer to install that sort of thing because then they can't come back to you and tell you that your modifications were the cause of component failure. They even bought and installed my 33" tires.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the info i appreciate it, anyone else have any luck with a dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might want to do it yourself. I hadn't lifted a wrench on a 4x4 for over 20 years but with the manufactures instructions and something I printed from online I did my own eaisly. I put on a RE SA SuperFlex 4.5" lift, JKS 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33 Engineering (belly up) trans skid, Skid Row engine skid, and a Tom Woods DS. I had a friend help one day just for the extra hands but the install was straight forward on all the parts and the few problems I ran into were overcome. I did it myself to save the money, but the knowledge I gained of the workings of the suspension of my jeep is priceless. I hadn't even thought of that benifit beforehand.

·
Registered
706 Posts
k9gab said:
You might want to do it yourself. I hadn't lifted a wrench on a 4x4 for over 20 years but with the manufactures instructions and something I printed from online I did my own eaisly. I put on a RE SA SuperFlex 4.5" lift, JKS 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 33 Engineering (belly up) trans skid, Skid Row engine skid, and a Tom Woods DS. I had a friend help one day just for the extra hands but the install was straight forward on all the parts and the few problems I ran into were overcome. I did it myself to save the money, but the knowledge I gained of the workings of the suspension of my jeep is priceless. I hadn't even thought of that benifit beforehand.
holy thread revival batman!

this thread is from 2003... the OP isn't even a member anymore apparently.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
k9gab said:
Welcome to ROF!

Congrats on taking matters into your own hands.
I've always worked on my vehicles myself but this
forum has made given me a lot of invaluable info.
When I first bought my Rubicon, Jeep forums were
the only ones I read and I just assumed that most
Jeepers did their own work.

I have since checked out other forums for my other
vehicles and have found that forums seem to encourage
even Saturn owners to turn some wrenches. 8)

As for digging up old threads; I don't think anyone minds, they just think it's funny. :)

·
Premium Member
6,123 Posts
Simple thing to do, hit search and reply to a post. It's just sometimes that time warp thing happens. I love it. Makes me feel younger.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Hahaha! Sorry I couldn't resist. :laugh: :rotflmao:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts