Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had to drive 65 miles in and 65 miles out to do the whole trail. The road was washed out at the exit. We took two days...a tough pace.

Here's the washout...
Washout.jpg

At the start. My buddy in his rental Rubi.
DSC_0266.jpg
DSC_0269.jpg
DSC_0268.jpg
DSC_0275.jpg
DSC_0280.jpg
DSC_0290.jpg
DSC_0294.jpg
DSC_0296.jpg
DSC_0308.jpg
DSC_0309.jpg
DSC_0316.jpg
DSC_0315.jpg

Notice the stars....
DSC_0326.jpg
DSC_0339.jpg

There's an arch up there...
DSC_0482.jpg
DSC_0489.jpg
DSC_0488.jpg
DSC_0493.jpg

·
3,633 Posts
Wow, what a great trip. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea very cool pics. That wash out looks crazy.

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kidmugg said:
How did you get around the washout at the exit? Doesn't look like an easy place to find a bypass....

And in that first picture, is the yellow box a hiker?

The washout was all the way near the exit point (for the direction we ran it). Picture a "U" shaped trail. The washout was at the top of the "U". We were greedy enough to want to see it all, so we just dealt with it and back tracked.

Yeah...I think that's a hiker or biker. I stole that pic to explain the washout.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
kidmugg said:
How did you get around the washout at the exit?
You don't :) . He had to go all the way in, turn around and go all the way back out.

I'm just glad to see the park service is letting people use the road again. Some of my friends had all their camping permits and everything but the rangers wouldn't even let them use the road right after the washout happened.

Nice pics!

- DAA

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice pics thanks

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya know? I don't have any info on that arch. I would've missed it except for my firend's wife's eagle eye.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Excellent pics and trip report. Thank you very much for sharing. That is truly spectacular country.

·
Registered
365 Posts
looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Awesome pics! I just watched a Dangerous Drives re-run, it was on SPEED tonight and the segment this week was Extreme Off Roading, three AEV Jeeps and a Disco were featured. They did some of this ride on the show i think; granted it was winter and there was over a foot of snow haha. Between your pics and the show, I am dying to get out there and explore....

·
Registered
354 Posts
I believe it's Mesa Arch. I wonder if/when they will repair the washout.

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow You know the arch huh? The washout...Where do you start with something like that?

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Norminator said:
Where do you start with something like that?
They closed it completely again and started blasting to begin repair work last month. Still no ETA on completion of repairs.

- DAA

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
FYI... Latest word is that Mineral Bottom will be open again March 29.

- DAA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts