Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Looks good !!

Welcome To ROF
please put a general location in your profile...
it helps others know where a good guy is.
:wink2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I decided to break in my new Rubicon properly. Joining a small group of Wranglers going for a 3 day run into Death Valley. Only run that would be better, the Rubicon trail, but with many feet of snow covering it. Death Valley will do nicely. I’ll post a few photos and report once I’ve returned. Cheers!

·
904 Posts
So I decided to break in my new Rubicon properly. Joining a small group of Wranglers going for a 3 day run into Death Valley. Only run that would be better, the Rubicon trail, but with many feet of snow covering it. Death Valley will do nicely. I’ll post a few photos and report once I’ve returned. Cheers!
Enjoy. I visited Death Valley back when I was in college doing a geologic study out there. We spent a week mapping many of the major formations. the first and last nights were filled with sand storms but it was an awesome trip. I hope to get out there again but with the jeep. Look forward to seeing your pictures and trail report.

·
904 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
One of my most favorite places on earth! Yea, Death Valley is an amazing place. Included with that, is Panamint Valley, which is the valley to the west of Death Valley National Park. There is a lot more wheeling that can be done there since it's not a National Park with all its restrictions on vehicular travel. If you can, go up Goler Wash to Barker Ranch (where they caught Charlie Manson) and Mengal Pass, then down into Butte Valley and finally into Death Valley. It's a beautiful day long drive. I'm hoping to make it down there next month.

·
904 Posts

·
3,430 Posts
One of my most favorite places on earth! Yea, Death Valley is an amazing place. Included with that, is Panamint Valley, which is the valley to the west of Death Valley National Park. There is a lot more wheeling that can be done there since it's not a National Park with all its restrictions on vehicular travel. If you can, go up Goler Wash to Barker Ranch (where they caught Charlie Manson) and Mengal Pass, then down into Butte Valley and finally into Death Valley. It's a beautiful day long drive. I'm hoping to make it down there next month.
We like wheeling Panamint Valley days with Cal4wheel. Last time we went we visited the Barker Ranch. I heard that it has since burned down. I don't remember the cause.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Great trip, stock JLR was more than enough to handle trails. first trail went past Barker Ranch. Burnt down 5/8/09 cause unknown ....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts