Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a whistle noise coming from the throttle body. I can hear it when there is load on the engine around 2000 rpm's. I've checked for vacuum leaks but have not found anything yet. I was thinking maybe it's the butterfly wheel(I think that's what you call it) in the throttle body that's making the noise. Is there anything else associated with the TB that can be causing this noise. Does anyone else have this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Have it on both the stock and ported TB. Sending the ported TB back for rework as he thinks he knows how to fix it.

Brian

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Have you canged the Air intake at all. I put on K&N cone and I then had a whistle. It turned out that the filter was not on the tube enough. The only reason that I found it was I bumped it doing my MML.

Check the intake. Make sure there is not cracks or holes in it.

Sean

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
My stock one didn't have the whistle until I cut the air tube and installed a K&N. The ported TB had it since I installed it. The guy who made it says he knows where the issue is and has a rework for it.

Brian

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mine didn't make any noise until I put on the K&N cone. Then it got worse when I put on the TB spacer :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
normal

its normal, thats why they engineer some of the crazy things they do! so you dont hear these things

1 - 6 of 6 Posts