Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with the stock rear track bar touching the gas tank skid and hoping an after market track bar will eliminate this problem.
First a few stats on the Ruby:
-4" skyjacker lift
-T.Woods CV shaft
-JKS adjustable upper control arms
-Nth degree 1 1/2 drop tummy tucker skid
-Skyjacker rear track bar relocation bracket.
After dialing in the rear pinion angle after installing the tummy tuck skid I noticed the track bar was binding on the gas tank skid and the bolt holding the track bar to the relocation bracket was making occasional contact with the gas tank.
I'm going to get the RE track bar relocation bracket that bends slightly forward but I'm curious if any other track bar will give me any more clearance for the gas tank skid. JKS, Currie, Terraflex, RE??? Any advise or recomendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'd reccomend

JKS or RE, I've used them both and never had a clearance issue.

G

·
0 Posts
I used the RE that came with the 4.5" SF Kit for CV jointed DS's.

I used a come along attached to the frame across to the opposite axel side, to center.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I would be very interested in your results. Please keep us posted.

I had a simular problem and corrected it without a new track bar or relocation brackets. I just returned the UCA's closer to the stock length and then shortened the LCA to adjust the pinion angel.

Nick

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it took 5 weeks to get the rear RE adj track bar and relocating bracket. Install went smoothly and there is no longer a problem with the t-bar hitting the gas tank. The problem now is that the track bar can not be adjusted short enough to centre the axle :mad: Simple solution to this was to grind 1/2" off the end of the bar by the heim joint and now it's pretty close to centre. Rubi has never driven better :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts