Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheelin' 4 Toys - Saturday, Dec. 11, 2010 at Kansas Rocks Recreation Park near Ft. Scott, KS

It's that time of year again and the Brush Beater Jeep Club will be hosting our 10th annual Wheelin' 4 Toys event at Kansas Rocks Recreation Park on Saturday, Dec. 11, 2010. Gates will open at 08:00. Guided trails will start at 09:30. You may also sign in Friday evening if you wish with camping facilities only 8 miles away as well as hotel/motels in Ft.Scott, KS and Nevada, MO.

This event is for a good cause to give less fortunate children in the area toys for Christmas. Raffle for prizes will be held at 1:00 pm at the main pavilion. More info about the event can be found at the Brush Beater website.

Price: $5 per vehicle plus a toy donation (new and unwrapped) valued at $5 or more. You are more than welcome to bring as many toy donations as you like, after all that is the purpose of the event.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think me and my daughters are going to come down for that. I'm trying to get a couple of friends to come down as well since it's such a good cause. We did the toys for tots last year at SMORR and had a blast; I was bummed they didn't do it again this year. If we stay and wheel on Sunday is it regular $10 a person. I've never been down there but am looking forward to it.

Todd

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not per person. The fees at K-Rocks are per vehicle, so you'd only have to pay $10 for the day. This is our 10th annual event, so we have it running fairly smoothly.

Feel free to say hi. If you preregister, I'll be leading a group on some of the more difficult moderate trails around the park. As far as I know, I'm the only Brush Beater with ROF decals on my Rubi.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anybody else going? I've got a couple of buddies that are going to head over with us Friday night. I'll have my two daughters with me. I registered last night, should be a great time!

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I am planning on being there. I'll probably just drive up that morning.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'll look for you, I always like meeting guys from the Wichita area. I'll be in the Red Rubicon with the hopefully newly installed Rokmen Strykers, they just showed up this morning and they are beautiful. I almost want to hang them on the wall, "almost".

Todd

·
Registered
9 Posts
We will be there in a 2004 Silver Rubi with a blue cage. Wife will have her dark blue Cherokee with a Pink cage there. Look us up we are from Towanda coming over that mourning.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I registered yesterday. I signed up for a group ride with the second from hardest group (does that make any sense?).

·
Registered
220 Posts
When I registered, I didn't see where you could pick a group. I'm sure with my daughter, we'll be towards the easier groups but I'll still look you guys up. I got my Strkyers finished up yesterday and they look great. Look forward to meeting everybody!

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
you can run all the trails there with kids in tow. except maybe canopener, might get a little sticky at the top. zuk-squeeze is a must do, if its dry headwall at the top is a lot of fun

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Toddrubi04 said:
When I registered, I didn't see where you could pick a group. I'm sure with my daughter, we'll be towards the easier groups but I'll still look you guys up. I got my Strkyers finished up yesterday and they look great. Look forward to meeting everybody!

Todd
Todd,

I'll drop you a PM with my phone number. Give me a call when you get up there. We'll meet up...

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
We'll be rolling out of Wichita around 5:30 in the morning. See you there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Picking my daughter up @ 2:30 and heading over to Fort Scott. Looking forward to meeting everybody. I'll give you a call in the morning Ian when we get there, they put us with another buddy in the 33" to 35" unlocked group!

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Cool. I'll be in the 33's - 35's locked group unless it rains/snows, then I'll probably move down a group.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to guide some of the many ROF guys I met today. More than half the group was Rubi's, so that made for a great group. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did. I'll get some of the videos posted ASAP and post the links.... even my reenactment of an emergency submarine blow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha4X-lQl ... re=related

Maybe I'll rename the Rubi "Das Rubicon"!?!?!? :D

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
It was great meeting you as well. I can't wait to see the videos and pictures. I'm uploading mine now. What a great day of wheeling. Really had a blast! Thanks for showing us the ropes. Sorry the sway bar kept being a PITA.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
The pics I took.

Full album

http://www.supermotors.net/mygarage/con ... &sID=75481

After my mud bath and fixing my sway bar again

My twin

Looking up carnage canyon

The trough....only one person brave enough to try it. An FSB...pretty cool, but he dug himself to China in a quick way.

This Dodge was showing off

Denied

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
ksjeeper said:
We will be there in a 2004 Silver Rubi with a blue cage. Wife will have her dark blue Cherokee with a Pink cage there. Look us up we are from Towanda coming over that mourning.
I think your wife was taking some pics of us coming up Carnage Canyon. Any chance of getting those?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts