Rubicon Owners Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 7811 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Started a over a month ago and just working on it after work and weekends when I can or feel like. Re-installed the front part of my rockhard cage.

I bought flood lights over xmas and installed on Gobi rack, with all new wires to floods and spot lights on Gobi roof rack. Moved the aux fuse panel from passenger side to driver side engine bay. Moved In-cab winch controller to right side of steering wheel.

Working on setting up a push button for tailgaters so brake lights come on at a push of the button and off when I release button. Seattle drivers leave no room for weather conditions.

re-installed my piaa fog lights and after pulling apart the PDC to see if I could re-arrange the wires to utilize the stock relay correctly, I will just need to run wires from the factory wires to a new relay and feed power directly from battery.

I hope to wrap it up by before the end of January so I can start welding up my roof top tent rack for my M416 trailer. My buddy and I are planning on driving the BDR in Wa state this summer for our major yearly trip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
…..Working on setting up a push button for tailgaters so brake lights come on at a push of the button and off when I release button. Seattle drivers leave no room for weather conditions.....
I have a 5 speed with pretty low gears. I like to down shift and let out the clutch. That gets there attention:grin2:

·
Administrator
10,761 Posts
Welcome to ROF!

My LJ looked like that after wheeling in the San Juan mountains (Ouray, CO area.) I spent $15 at the car wash and a year later I was still chipping dried mud out of the frame rails.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Resurrecting this thread from the dead.

Helped my friend make bad decisions today, using a reciprocating saw on a newer JK?!?...

He just bought this thing recently and it has a lot of nice parts on it. We added a Warn zeeon(?) 10,000 pound winch and what a PITA to fit it in a Rubicon HardCock bumper. No welding involved but there was a bit of cutting and grinding involved.
Done and done and it's pretty sweet how tucked in it is. Yes, the bumper does have a dent in the middle.

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
I ran mine with no lift or armor on a medium trail. The trans cross member area and gas tank areas seen to be what contacted most. After just one run I had a couple bolts on the cross member that were beat up. the cross member itself was tweaked, the gas tank skid was scraped up, but not tweaked. I did hit the front bumper in the area of where you are putting the mopar skid. I have a Rockhard aluminum front bumper which has that skid built in. So that lower front skid is needed.

·
Registered
2019 JLR
5 Posts
1. Installed Oracle Oculus Headlights
2. Installed LED flood bulbs
3. Installed Renegade sequential LED tail lights
4. Installed Replaced OEM sliders wilt MOPAR side steps
5. Installed MOPAR hitch and trailer light kit
6. Installed Gorilla locking lug nuts
7. Read email from my Jeep telling me my right rear tire only had 26 PSI.
8. Took it to Discount Tire and had the nail replaced with a plug in the right rear tire.

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
I took the beomouth muffler off the rear and installed a Thrush 17715 muffler directly behind the factory resonator. It dumps directly aft of the muffler. Sounds a lot better than what I expected. I did have to fab up a new hanger but it was simple.

·
Premium Member
6,104 Posts
Took the opportunity to fix the slooooo fill issue when I installed the GenRight fuel pump access panel.

So the roll over valve or whatever that is gets pulled? My 06 LJ has never had the problem of slow filling. But I'd like to be able to siphon gas out of the Jeep (and my motorhome) to use in other vehicles and lawn equiptment. On both the Jeep and MH I end up having old gas in due to non-usage all the time, but you can't siphon out of them.

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
No, the valve swells because of the ethanol in the fuel and then sticks in the “cage” it’s in. You remove the valve, sand down the little nubs on the plunger and reinstall. If the valve is stuck closed you get very slow fill. If it’s stuck open you get fuel splash back out of the filler tube.
You certainly can remove the rollover valve and the can siphon gas out fairly easy. That however eliminates the rollover valve and would cause an issue with major fuel leakage in case of a rollover. It would also make backsplash an issue when filling.
Picture of the side of the valve below.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Took the opportunity to fix the slooooo fill issue when I installed the GenRight fuel pump access panel.
Did you drop the tank before cutting the hole? That is really sweet, if you don't have to drop the tank, I think I may pick one of those up and just have it for when the pump starts to go. Looks great by the way.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I removed my flares and dropped them off at the body shop for a repaint. Winter up here still sucks.

Attachments

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Did you drop the tank before cutting the hole? That is really sweet, if you don't have to drop the tank, I think I may pick one of those up and just have it for when the pump starts to go. Looks great by the way.
If you have a 1" or so body lift you can probably get by without dropping the tank if you are careful. If you don't, probably going to have to lower the tank a couple of inches.
I have a 1" body lift and did it without dropping the tank, however I did manage to cut into the evap line that goes around the back side of the tank. :( Had i known it was where it was I could have moved it a bit and then not had to replace it. Also, my Jeep is an LJ so not sure about the TJ version.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Do yo have an LJ or a TJ. I have the TJ version that I mistakenly bought for my LJ.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Do you have a TJ or an LJ? I have the TJ version that I mistakenly bought . Will not fit my LJ. Will make you a deal on it.

7761 - 7780 of 7811 Posts