Rubicon Owners Forum banner

7741 - 7760 of 7823 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Went for a 70 mile early evening ride out through the county. 90 degrees on a typical Arkansas humid evening. A/C still pumping 55 degree cold air 4 days since new condenser installed. Woohoo!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Had bent rear axle housing straightened - bent axle replaced with upgraded axle shafts...

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Led 10 Jeeps on a two day fall color ride. We went about 200 miles (almost all trails) and never hit the same trail twice.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Kept hearing a definite clunk or knock in front when braking first thing out in the morning, and would diminish with driving or on sunny days. Most prominent after rainy days for some reason. I wanted to make sure nothing was seizing up due to rusty components, so I proceeded to disassemble the brakes, both sides, on the front axle, clean them all up, lubricate parts that needed it, and reassemble. Seems to have worked, as I heard nothing this morning when I drove to work. Very glad to have that gone.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Here's a shot from that trial ride I just mentioned:

Front.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
On my '14 JKUR we got some Poison Spyder corner armor installed

Factory heated seats have crapped out for the second time, replaced them with aftermarket.
Added some 40x13.5x17 in preparation for the one ton swap this winter.

Then on the wife's Sport:
ARB twin was installed, air lockers plumbed and stainless brake lines done. Oh, and she finally got her windows tinted :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Blue Baby Sound [IMG said:
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/022001915454/media/74124409171/medium/1539134199/enhance[/IMG]
Tell me about your Falcons. What can you compare them to? Would you buy them again. I assume they came with your lift. Do you adjust them at all or set and forget?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tell me about your Falcons. What can you compare them to? Would you buy them again. I assume they came with your lift. Do you adjust them at all or set and forget?
I put them on my '14 JKUR about 1.5 years ago as a shock replacement for my aging FOX 2.0 resi. The wife loved them so much we put them on hers (in the pic) last December, they were part of the Teraflex Alpine CT3 lift.

The Falcons are in a league of their own, the ride is great and the ability to soften/firm at the flip of a switch is great. I adjust mine differently for top on/off and for on/off road.

The CT3 lift is amazing on road (the main reason I got it) and still flexes well. Her first off road trip is in 2 weeks, but here's a flex pic on another Jeep with tons/40s. She runs 37s.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
After a few months of gathering dust I finally installed my MCE fender flares. Rears were a breeze, but the fronts caused some problems. Mainly I didn't want to hack on my Jeep. Relatively easy once I got over that. A little PO I bought a can of the duplicolor paint to match the factory paint. Painted all the exposed metal for rust prevention. The paint dried a different color. Found some LED marker lights and mounted them like a CJ on the grill. Looking good!

·
Registered
97 Posts
All this rain has given me some time for the Jeep. Yesterday the fenders and front signal lights, today rear Max built LED tail lights and relocated license plate to center of spare. I set up a work station in the living room last night and built some custom wiring harnesses so it would be plug and play. I'm really enjoying the tinker time. Taking a vacation from the honey do list.

7741 - 7760 of 7823 Posts