Rubicon Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
2007 KLR 650... had it from 2012 until yesterday when it went away in someone else's trailer.

I've ridden it 3 times in in the last 4 years. It was time to say goodbye.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
I still have the 2002 DRZ400 I bought in 2006. It's outlived 2 Rubicons I owned.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
At least you sell things. I currently have 3 jeeps, 3 bmws and 1 dodge. Not to mention 2 trailers.

I think I have a problem.

3 BMWs... :grin::grin::grin:

I have a trailer problem, still.

I've gone through a few trailers over the last year and a half. I bought a 6x10 that was too good of a deal to pass up in Decemebr 2017, spiffed it up, used it a few times, then started thinking about a 7x12. A friend over in Puyallup told be about a nice 7x12 a friend of his was selling. That was too good of a deal to pass up, so I bought it. I towed the 6x10 to my friend's house where his friend had towed the 7x12 to, I left the 6x10 and took the 7x12 back to Spokane with me.

The friend's house I left the 6x10 at sold it within a week. Trailers are easier to sell on the west side than on the east side of the state.

Oh, then there's the surplussed Home Depot rental trailers I bought and resold. I had 4, and kept one of them.

On the KLR, like a Jeep, I dumped far too much money into it. That's partly why I kept convincing myself to keep it. I've debated a lot about it over the last year, and finally decided it just needs to go away. I found myself continually inventing ideas on how I could take it on trips to get some use out of it.... but there's other things I'd rather do, so that pretty much sealed the idea of selling the KLR.

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
My newest ride (last spring) is a 2019 Bobcat E42 mini-excavator with cab and several buckets and a ripper. Decided to keep my 20 year-old F-250 diesel long bed and buy the mini-ex instead.

We're going to trade in our 2017 (2018?) Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum on a 2020 Ford Explorer Limited. Ford changed the Explorer chassis to rear wheel drive - kudos to Ford!

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
The tow pig is looking like this now. I have been in the middle of a flatbed build for about a year. The LJ project got in the way. The bed is all but done, but is now a storage spot for the LJ hardtop and a bunch of parts. Ill get back to it once the LJ is out of the way.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
1930 Model A ...

I wasn't looking to buy...i've known the owner 10+ years
invited to his barn to sit and talk ...finally he got up and pulled the tarp from her...
told me:
Mac you need to buy this
we agreed on a price last week and today she sits in my garage -
started up as soon as i turned the battery on and put some fuel in the tank

how could i refuse
1930 Model A  2.jpg
pristine condition
1930 Model A .jpg
motor is super clean
1930 Model A motor .jpg
Rumble seat
1930 Model A Rumble seat.jpg
rock grille
1930 A rock grill .jpg
fly'n duck
Fly'n duck 1930 A .jpg
new home
1930 A .jpg

·
Registered
539 Posts
I wasn't looking to buy...i've known the owner 10+ years
invited to his barn to sit and talk ...finally he got up and pulled the tarp from her...
told me:

we agreed on a price last week and today she sits in my garage -
started up as soon as i turned the battery on and put some fuel in the tank

how could i refuse

new home
View attachment 72358
That is one fine automobile, love the rumble seat.

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
That is one fine automobile, love the rumble seat.
Thanks ....
i'm gonna be like every Jeep owner ...and say i'll run her stock :wink2:
eventually i would like to get a "Shelby Motor coyote is 700+ HP" with new frame and trans and fuel cell and A/C
:wink2:

·
3,430 Posts
What a beautiful car! :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
That's not a rumble seat, it's a Mother-in-Law seat !!!!!!

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
That's not a rumble seat, it's a Mother-in-Law seat !!!!!!
my Grandson called "Dibs" on that seat...
no one else can ride in it according to him
:wink2:

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,997 Posts
Besides my 04 TJ Rubi, I have 2 other vehicles... Both 06 LJ Rubis😎

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
View attachment 74798
1952 IH 1/2 ton L110 Series with a 350 TBI, 700R4 trans and fun for days..
My wife loves those 1950s trucks. I posted a few months ago we were going to replace her Ford Fusion hybrid with the new 2020 rear wheel drive platform Ford Explorer. We test drove the Explorer Platinum and the interior looked cheap and the V6 turbo was loud, really loud on acceleration. We looked at and drove the Lincoln version of the Explorer and holy cow what a difference in build quality, sound level and optional goodies (like active air suspension.) So she now has a Lincoln Aviator Reserve 2 trim line with a few options above that level in Pearl color.

121 - 140 of 145 Posts