Rubicon Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Eight speed auto tranny! My first car was a 1958 Chevy Biscayne (no chrome trim), 348 cu in engine with a Powerglide tranny - two speeds.
Hey don’t make fun of the power glide ha ha ha... they can handle a lot of abuse

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
2016 Polaris Ranger with a snow plow...

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
I have a request to post a picture of my new 'ride' - I ordered a new Bobcat E42 mini excavator about two months ago and I've had it on the ranch now for about three weeks. I've put about 15 hours on it so far. With a bucket and the thumb (and an extra 500 pound counterweight) it weighs right at 5 tons.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Looks like the bucket has a grapple. That will be handy.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
The 'grapple' is usually referred to on an excavator as a thumb or Bobcat calls that a "clamp." I haven't used the thumb very much so far but it will be another valuable tool standing by. I bought a ripper, 12" and 24" tooth bucket and a 41" grading bucket (no teeth.) I have a grapple for my tractor which is incredibly useful but it's not always on the tractor - with the Bobcat, the thumb is always there and ready.

I chose the option that lets me change buckets without leaving the cab, Bobcat calls that Hydraulic X-Change - well worth the money.

·
3,430 Posts
The 'grapple' is usually referred to on an excavator as a thumb or Bobcat calls that a "clamp." I haven't used the thumb very much so far but it will be another valuable tool standing by. I bought a ripper, 12" and 24" tooth bucket and a 41" grading bucket (no teeth.) I have a grapple for my tractor which is incredibly useful but it's not always on the tractor - with the Bobcat, the thumb is always there and ready.

I chose the option that lets me change buckets without leaving the cab, Bobcat calls that Hydraulic X-Change - well worth the money.

I think I could just drive it around picking things up and down all day...reminds me of being a young boy playing with Tonka trucks! The wife would have to chase me down to come inside

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts

The most recent pic I have of my truck. Got it on 35’s before my Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
tow rig

My Tiger RV will be my tow vehicle for the new Rubi. Ram 3500,Cummins,4x4, 6 sd. manual. I was surprised how much more involved flat towing my JL is compared to my old CJ3a. For it, I made a simple tow bar and simple wiring to a couple of magnetic taillights for less than $100. I towed that flat fender thousands of miles behind several different vehicles during nearly 20 years. Now, wiring harness, tow bar and aux. brake system for the JL, $2G. And my tow rig cost 3x's my first house. LOL, not complaining. I'm lucky having good health, retired and owe nothing. :usa:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
My Tiger RV will be my tow vehicle for the new Rubi. Ram 3500,Cummins,4x4, 6 sd. manual. I was surprised how much more involved flat towing my JL is compared to my old CJ3a. For it, I made a simple tow bar and simple wiring to a couple of magnetic taillights for less than $100. I towed that flat fender thousands of miles behind several different vehicles during nearly 20 years. Now, wiring harness, tow bar and aux. brake system for the JL, $2G. And my tow rig cost 3x's my first house. LOL, not complaining. I'm lucky having good health, retired and owe nothing. :usa:
Those Tigers are pretty cool rigs. Congrats

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have RZR s modded for tight woods riding,my favorite, two Grizzly 700 originally set up for mud and water riding until we bought the farm, couple more set up for the farm. The first two, especially my sons is pretty worn.

My YouTube site is mrmudder16, not much added in last six years, unfortunately never made any Ouray CO, videos.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We've seen groups of RZRs running around the San Juans (Ouray, CO) - they don't look very happy when it's 45 degrees and raining :eek:.
My first trip to San Juan’s was Several years ago in September, on my Grizzly 700, below freezing on top of the mountain, early in the morning, and 45 degrees and raining over on the plateau on another all day, can’t remember the name of the plateau, around 9000 feet, just put on the rain gear, warm clothes and ride on.

The below freezing morning we went up corkscrew then ran over to Silverton and sat in a coffee shop for an hour and let the day warm up. Met a local on ATV forum that showed us around for a week, good times.

·
Registered
562 Posts
By year:
'72 Vega GT Kammback (aluminum 215 ci V 8 )
'73 Vega GT Hatchback (mostly stock)
'73 Vega Kammback (project autocrosser)
'79 AristoCraft Nineteen (inboard/outboard 3.7L inline 4)
'81 Turbo Trans Am
'91 Miata (RallyCross champ '17)
'94 Miata (daily)
'95 K2500 Suburban (454 tow pig)
'02 Murray mower (20 HP V-Twin / 46" cut)
'05 Jeep Rubi Unlimited
'06 Pontiac GTO (unmodded semi-daily)
'15 Harley StreetGlide

Sold my last VW a few months back .... Looks like I need another one to justify all my forum screen names ..... (bug dude).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
'76

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
my 2 rides...
2017 Indian ( used it has 110 mi)
Indian .jpg
bike + 2020 JT
Indian + Gladiator .jpg
:wink2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My other car is a Tesla

My other car is a 2015 Tesla P85D+ with the Ludicrous upgrade. 0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds

Our 2011 Winnebago View 24K has more miles than our Currie Enterprises built and Kenne Bell supercharge 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Tomb Raider Limited Edition. Has taken us from SoCal to Alaska, across the entire Trans Canada highway and northern U.S. to Newfoundland, New England, and back. Oh it gets better gas mileage too even thought it weighs 14,000 lbs loaded (3.0 liter Mercedes Benz Turbodiesel).

My wife has a 2012 Toyota Prius which is SO annoying to drive. Noisy, SLOW, horribly soft suspension... but 50 MPG.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 145 Posts