Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 JL 2 door soft top 1/2doors 3.6 auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 door soft top 3.6 auto. still running 33". What lift do I want? 2" to 2.5", Mopar, AEV, Metalcloak's, Rough Country and many more. I don't want to break the bank, not doing major rock crawling. Do I need Track Bars, Steering stabilizer. What is the 2 door group using?

·
Administrator
12,079 Posts
If you aren't into heavy duty rock crawling you are set up quite well for off-roading so run your JL on some trails to determine its capabilities. 33" tires on a 2 door is a good combo.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
5,134 Posts
If you are not going to be rock crawling, you can fit 35s underneath the JL without lifting.

But if you want a little bit of height, this AEV kit is hard to beat for the price

·
Registered
924 Posts
One of my friends has a 2 door rubicon and she added wheels and 35,s with no lift. Her Jeep looks good and she whèels it hard.
If you wanted some height I would agree with that AEV lift. If you are spending more money than that then you will need to do more research to determine what you really want your Jeep to do. A complete lift with springs and shocks will have positive and negative results on both off road and on road handling.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
2013 JK 2DR Rubicon
121 Posts
I have the Rancho 2" lift with the adjustable shocks. Mild to moderate wheeling on 33's works well on our 2 door JK.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
9 Posts
I have a 2 door soft top 3.6 auto. still running 33". What lift do I want? 2" to 2.5", Mopar, AEV, Metalcloak's, Rough Country and many more. I don't want to break the bank, not doing major rock crawling. Do I need Track Bars, Steering stabilizer. What is the 2 door group using?
I went with the Dynatrac 2" lift with Fox shocks. Recommended by a mechanic on the other forum that installs 3 to 4 lifts a day. I added the lower control arms from the Mopar 2" lift per his recommendation. I also youtubed a lot of reviews for a lift for light off road while keeping the stock feel on pavement.

This lift was the top 1 and 2 in this video. Right away it gave me 2" of lift, but with the stock 33 tires it felt a little wobbly on the highway. After switching to 37 tires it rides like a dream on the road and I say as good as factory. I test drove a lot of lifted jeeps before I bought mine and they were all squirrelly on pavement at high speeds. So far I am so happy with this lift even at speeds of 80+mph. Easy enough to do myself with another hand, a couple of jacks and stands.
On the Quadratech site they say it's not for the 2.0 but clearly it is fine, as the mechanic I spoke with has done hundreds of them and mine is awesome. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A great lift, both in price and features, is the Rock Krawler Adventure Series 2.5" system ($1,334 at Northridge 4X4). Comes with springs, front and rear spring pads (keeps springs from bowing), front lower fixed control arms, front track bar, rear track bar bracket, rear sway bar links. Only additional items you would need are new shocks (Fox 2.0 ride very nice with this lift) and extended bump stops. You may need to get wheels with different back spacing or run 1.5" wheel spacers. This is a high quality kit and is easily installed if you have the tools and basic wrenching skills.

RK says you can run 37" tires on a Rubicon, which you can with 3" bump stops. With 35" tires, you might be able to get away with 2" bump stops.

This was the first lift I ran on my 2018 JLU Rubicon and fit 37's with it. The caster was around 6.5 with the fixed lowers (can't remember exactly, it's been awhile since I had it), with no vibrations or ill handling. You could opt for adjustable rear upper control arms if you want to run an aftermarket driveshaft. I had stock driveshafts and the stock rear arms were fine.

This system won't get you awesome scores on an RTI ramp, but it does perform very well on and off road. I had it for about 1 year and then moved up to the 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor No Limits system, which handles just as well on road but with much, much, more flex off road.

Northridge 4x4 currently has this kit in stock. If you use a discount code, it's $1,228, with free shipping. PM me for the discount code.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts