Rubicon Owners Forum banner

What is this?

615 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  gregert12
05 Rubicon
Is the piece behind the wheel that is bolted to body suppose to be there?
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
That is a piece of soundproofing added sometime in the 2004 model year. It deadens the sound of water and gravel thrown up by the tire against the driver and passenger footwell sheet metal.

The 2003's did not have those, but I added my own using some black-painted 1/4" thick marine plywood. That and some additional insulation under the carpet make for a much quieter ride, at least with the hardtop. You might not hear much difference in a ragtop.
I do not see it?

Do you mean the 1/8" rubber around the frame to the body?
He means the flat piece to the left of the tire in the picture.
Looks like it's bent forward some. Mine is not like that.
desertfox1 said:
Looks like it's bent forward some. Mine is not like that.

I think that is an illusion since the flares are black. That is a normal body panel.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.