Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded my LJ to a 5.3L and going to sell the engine/transmission/ 4.0L/6speed. Includes all the stuff (rad, alternator, starter, exhaust, cats, sensors...) everything but the computer. What is the going price now a days.86k miles I am guessing about $1k

·
1,785 Posts
I honestly don’t know, but I think you could go higher. My engine is going strong with 160K. Yours has a lot to offer. Add to that your extras. In my thinking, securing a buyer won’t be changed by asking $1500 - 1800. I would also think that a buyer of those model years would be a little hungry. I guess it all depends how “over it” you are.

·
Administrator
11,207 Posts
Check Craig's List to get a feel of worth assuming you can even find a complete I-6 and drive train there. You might not find someone that needs the complete engine and drivetrain but that's a good place to start. Could be you have to part it out.

·
3,634 Posts
I think your $1K is a good starting point with everything you've got. If you're willing to wait, you can ask more. I've seen at least 3 or 4, 4.0L engines with under 100K miles sell for $4-500 each. The market isn't super strong, especially when an LS engine can be bought for similar money

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I might be interested for $1,000, transfer case with it?

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Mike, I’m not sure what the real value is, but it seems like the TJ/LJ Facebook groups I’m still in someone is always looking for drivetrain stuff.
Turn key always seems to move quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts