Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can you lift a suspension without getting any vibration, and without lowering the T-Case which is already very low?

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
You can use a combonation of the folowing...

2 in spring spacer lift= no vibes

2 in suspension lift = no vibes(i think)

with

1-3 in body lift

You can only use either the spring spacer or the 2 in suspension lift for no vibes...if you use both you will get a vibe.
Pete M

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
petesjeeprubi said:
You can use a combonation of the folowing...

2 in spring spacer lift= no vibes

2 in suspension lift = no vibes(i think)

with

1-3 in body lift

You can only use either the spring spacer or the 2 in suspension lift for no vibes...if you use both you will get a vibe.
Pete M
What if I use one of the ( 2 in ) mentionned , without any body lift at all. Will I get vibrations? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
A Body lift wont help or hurt your driveline angles so it doesnt factor into the vibration issue.
It is very valuable in helping put on a hi-clearance t-case skid and gas skid.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I have a 3" lift with no vibes, but I have 8 adjustable CA's to dial everything in.

Ken

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got an OME HD springs + 3/4 spacers on all 4 corners and got small vibes after install. After a week and a couple of wheeling trips, the springs settled and no more vibes. I've got just under 3" of lift with hard top, winch and ARB bull bar.

G

·
0 Posts
RE 3.5" Superflex lift (adjustable control arms) / MORE 1" BL/MML + 33" MT/R = no vibes

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have the OME HD springs with 3/4" spacers up front and the OME 3/8" spacers all around and a 1" MM lift and had no vibes until I did the Medic belly up skid. Installing the skid effectively made my driveline act as if I have a 4"+ lift which means I now have vibes. The skid is awesome so instead of removing it I just ordered some JKS UCAs for the rear and a Rubicon CV drive shaft from Tom Woods.

Moral of the story - If you do a small lift and then later do a belly up, you may still get vibes. And who doesn't want to get rid of that fat in the middle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts