Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone I'm new here. kinda new to wheeling,its been YEARS !
I have a question for you,How come i see lots of guy's (in pictures) wheeling without spares. Do they take them off at base camp or something,and why ?

Thks Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
467 Posts
i guess they either think they can repair a punctured tire in most situations, or someone in their group will give them one if the need arises. i personally do not think the weight savings or departure gain (if any) is worth the hassle of NOT having a spare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
That was a question of mine last night when I saw the guy on the front of JP magazine without one. I Guess they are invincible.... :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
LILRDJP said:
That was a question of mine last night when I saw the guy on the front of JP magazine without one. I Guess they are invincible.... :wink:
Is that the guy with the Mog axles and 20" Mog wheels wearing 40" tires?

I'm guessing he couldn't find/build a carrier to haul that spare...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
Fat Tony said:
LILRDJP said:
That was a question of mine last night when I saw the guy on the front of JP magazine without one. I Guess they are invincible.... :wink:
Is that the guy with the Mog axles and 20" Mog wheels wearing 40" tires?

I'm guessing he couldn't find/build a carrier to haul that spare...

Yup but instead he opted to put the air tank on the tail gate.... :shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,745 Posts
mebedave said:
How come i see lots of guy's (in pictures) wheeling without spares. Do they take them off at base camp or something,and why ?

Thks Dave
Welcome Dave. I'm surprised no one's mentioned mounting or tying down the spare inside the trunk area. If you have room, and can safely tie the spare down, your weight distribution is much better with it inside over the rear axle rather than cantilevered off the rear.

Jerry
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm JP magazine. Now guys you know we don't know anything, call everyone newbies, have no experience, and offer bad advise all the time. So it must be perfectly fine to wheel without a spare if it is in JP magazine. :lol: I still love the mag, even if they are a little off at times.

Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
Hmmm JP magazine. Now guys you know we don't know anything, call everyone newbies, have no experience, and offer bad advise all the time. So it must be perfectly fine to wheel without a spare if it is in JP magazine. :lol: I still love the mag, even if they are a little off at times.

Ron

LOL.......
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe your right that 90% have the spare on the floor,but I must be only seeing the 10% guy's without one at all(i can see into the back of most and see no spare) they have spare carriers,who know... i lust thought maybe there's some trick they know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
That Moggler didn't have any spare and they actually commented in the article that he constantly blows beads. I guess he figures any flats will be repairable and he will just hold up the rest of the group while he fixes his tire. :?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top