1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most Jeep work,
I am adding something to my jeep when I notice that I have a problem elsewhere
It's a small oil leak.
No big deal because the jeep is in my parking space and I know nothing is majorly screwed up. Turns out to be the rear of the Oil Pan, specifically the Oil Pan to bearing cap seal. Ok no biggy, just some RTV and gaskets and a Ga-Zillion things that have to be disconnected/removed in order to drop the oil pan
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
What a PITA for a relatively minor thing.

So I am wondering,
since I have less than 11k miles on the Jeep, I wonder if this would be considered a warranty item.

I am thinking no, which is no big deal, but if I can take the lazy way out, I'm all for it

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
elff:

Leaks are definitely warranty issues. Particularly things like oil pan/rear main seal leaks. Take it to the dealer, and ride your motorcycle for a day or two.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent
I already have an appointment for an alignment so I will have them do that as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just like Jerry said, It should be under warranty if not I wonder what happened to the 3yr 36k.

Let us know elff...

Mo

·
Registered
454 Posts
In my opinion, everything is a warrantee issue unless they tell you it isn't. ****, the other day I even got warrantee work done on a part that I installed. They installed my lift so they assumed they installed my tie rod. Oh well, I'm sure they made/will make enough money from me to cover $40 in shop time.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just had our rear main done last week, all covered no problems at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts