Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of MML do you have and how do you like it? How easy was the install? - Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went with Goferit’s spacer lift. I had read a fair number of complaints about poly mounts transmitting vibrations. Using the spacer lift allowed me to retain the stock motor mount.

In earlier years, replacing the stock motor mount was a plus because they often failed anyway. In recent years (not sure when, perhaps not ‘till ‘03???) DC improved the stock mount. MORE does have a rubber MML but it also costs more! :wink: Goferit will give you a good deal on their spacers and a Daystar 1 inch body lift.

As for installation, I can’t say it was easy. Pretty tight working space on passenger side. Pretty hard getting the engine high enough without smashing into the firewall at the top. Pretty tough getting the bolts to all line up. . . . All of that said, I did accomplish it (and the body lift) in a few hours so it obviously wasn’t *that* tough. :)

Do a search or post a question when you get ready to do the install and you will get some good pointers.

My $0.02

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oh yeah . . . How do I like it ?

Great. very pleased. I think the combination of a small suspension lift, a body lift, and MML work very well together to provide addtional clearance and allow the fitment (pretty impressive word, don't you think :D ) of 33's

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went with the JKS Budget MML- it consists of anodized aluminum blocks. It was a tad difficult to install, but nothing horribly challenging.

The key thing is to get the front jacked up and sitting on jack stands so the suspension is unloaded- this way all jacking done on the motor is applied to the motor itself, and not transferred to the suspension- this gives you more control over the 'jockeying' phase.

I had to completely loosen the drivers side motor mount bracket on the engine in order to give clearance to get one of the bolts in. Once this side was mounted (and left loose), I moved to the passenger side. It was quite a challenge getting the passenger side all lined up- it took a lot of jockeying and grunting to get things lined up.

You do end up jacking the motor high enough during install to cause concern where the valve cover meets the firewall- you end up 'pinching' a lot of the wiring back there, but I observed no discernable damage.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I used the M.O.R.E. bombproof and like everyone else it took some time but well worth it. I like the M.O.R.E.'s just fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also went with the JKS motor mount set up, but I cheated, I'm a tech at a dealer and it only took about 20 mins to install (got lots of tools and a lift) even got to eat a big mac on the test drive and make it back in time after lunch :wink: Over 7000 miles and no problems. Go for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts