Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LJ seats were starting to fall apart and since my Jeep is my DD, I'm not ready to get into the fancy seat buying business. The Wet Okole covers are a great alternative for me. This is my second set of Wet Okole covers. The other set was installed in my wife's 04 GC. Never mind my stitch job. My sewing is like my welding - maybe functional, definitely ugly.

There are a few downsides to the covers. First, they are seat covers which means they shift a round just a little bit and aren't quite perfect. I can get over that part. The second is that the material is a little thick, so for my LJ, it messes up the bolstering of the factory seats. As time goes on and the seat covers break in, I'm sure I'll start to settle back into the seat. Keep in mind that I'm 6'4 and 240lb, so results may very.

The covers are nice, sturdy, and have held up well in my wife's Jeep. I'm sure I'll have the same luck with these covers.

Here is my big complaint: I got seat heaters for the driver's seat. The cords come out of the driver's side of the driver's seat and the control unit is meant to plug into a cigarette lighter. What car, anywhere, has a 12v cig lighter on the left side of the driver's seat?! In the next week or so I will figure out a solution. I like having the cig plug so that I can unplug and remove the heating controller when not in use, but I hate having any more wires or outlets than necessary in the Jeep. More to come.

As for the color - it doesn't quite match the interior. I'm sure it will grow on me.

Overall - happy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Covers look good!

The seat heater....

Was there an option of getting driver side or Passenger side?

Are they an Aussy or British company?

I'm sure you'll rig something up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those do look good! Out of all other options I've looked at, these are the covers that I will use when that time comes. I like the idea of getting in sweaty or wet and not having a print left behind.

I agree with you about the lighter plug. That would drive me nuts. I think I'd have to cut all of that off. Wire up your preferred male/female connector on the heater side, then the male/female on the console side, along with a new switch. Hard wire to a power source and ground and let it ride.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I recently took out a set of those that I installed when I bought my TJ in 2005. I used them all those years and they finally started to lose some of their form on the seat portion. On really hot days you can get what we call, "swamp-ass." But I was surprised at the new-like condition the actual seats are in. After all those years and cheek-clinching moments, the factory seats are still like new.
:pbj:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts