Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was with my good friend at the 2003 EJS where the 1st annual Rubicon Run took place. The whole time, it's just eating me alive that I showed up with a Nissan Xterra when I could be out wheeling at the Rubicon event. Granted, I had a pretty decent time out with my Xterra, but on the 2nd day when we went on the Rubicon only Crawl, I was blown away. One, by everyones friendly and helpful attitudes and two, by the way that a stock Rubicon performed on the trails. So now we are only on our second day out of 5 and all I can think of is when can I get a Rubicon? Well, once we returned from our journey out west, in less than a week, I purchased a 93 YJ that is pretty well equipped for the trails. Thought this was going to cure my need for the Ruby....Well, here I am, 6 months after the Jeep Safari, I am now an Extremely proud owner of a 2004 Rubicon, Flame Red and Khaki Hard top/interior. I would post pics now, but I will attach them to my story once I have some offroad pics, unless you really really want to see a picture of a highly polished ruby at a car expo (didn't think so)......

SO THERE NICK (if you can hear me in Iraq) ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!! YOU SUCCESSFULLY CONVERTED ME TO JEEPS! (doesn't it bring tears to your eyes?)
EDIT PIC ADDED

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I like poser pics!

·
Registered
467 Posts
another reformed xterra owners here too. you will love having so many choices to mod you new ride. having only calmini and spencer low racing equipment to pick from sucked. then i went from bad to worse when i traded it in on a land rover. but thats whole other story. :mad:

welcome to board!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, If you all like poser pics, I'll get right on it today then.....

As far as the Xterras go, there is alot of you all on here eh?

Well, I did like some of the things about the little nissan, but it wasn't enough to overcome my desire for a Rubicon. I only waited this long because I was too upside down on my trade 6 months ago. I'm glad I waited though, ended up with an 04. No differance to my knowledge, just like the fact it's brand spankin new off the factory line, its a nice feeling.

Ned, I remember you on the Xterraownersclub from back in the day.

And mike, If you were the guy they called Mosi, then I remember you too. Was it a white LR Disco 2?

Maybe we will see you guys at the 2nd annual Rubicon run in Moab at EJS 2004 and we can give the Xterra crew a hard time when we run across them (In a joking manner of course). Happy trails! Bighaeb

·
Registered
467 Posts
not mosi, but he and i bought our discos at approximately the same time. i went by "Mike H" but havent posted on XOC since december of 2001 or so. i only went on one RMXC run, never to GOX or goneMoab. i still go offroading with "lemsip" from the board though. i talked him into trading his xterra in on an 03 TJ Sport. :D

if you ever get homesick for XOC, you can always go to the regular wrangler forum at jeeps unlimited and get the same needless ******** attitude. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
bighaeb said:
Maybe we will see you guys at the 2nd annual Rubicon run in Moab at EJS 2004 .....
What's this? I'm all over the web everyday especially about Jeep stuff... never heard of the Rubicon Run in Moab. Where can I find out some info?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ned, I went by DGX Factor on XOC. The only event I attended with the XOCers was GoneMoab 03 in april. I wheeled with them for 1 day and went on my own for 2 of them. Rubicons 1 day.

I will never get homesick of XOC. I slowed down on posting there after I actually met some of the guys. Some were great, some were not so great...Nuff said

And as far as info on the Rubicon only event in Moab, for the EJS 2003, they sent out a brochure to MOST rubicon owners. It was supposed to be a one day, one trail thing. Jeep screwed it up something awful by trying to put a limit on the number of folks that could go and also tryed to say that you had to sign up the day before (even though no info was given for this) so they made it a 2 day event and let whoever had a rubicon go along with. There has been no Official Info for the 2004 event, but rest assured that it will happen. Last year it was free, but don't count on it this year. I haven't heard anything since when me and H2Eater (on this board) talked with the Jeep Reps. in moab. Look for it to be every year at the EJS. Nothing is written in stone though........

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bighaeb.. it brings a tear to my eye to see you finally convert! I new you'd do it eventually... Peer pressure's a [email protected]#$% :twisted: Hey.. Rubicon only event or not, we all need to go to EJS!. Who's can say no???? Theep!!?? I know you gotta be down. Who else went last year???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts