Rubicon Owners Forum banner

821 - 840 of 850 Posts

·
3,492 Posts
Click on name and then there should be a drop down box on the right side under the banner that says Moderator Tools. One of the choices is Edit.
That's not one of my 5 choices (I have: warn, IP addresses, Shared IPs, Ban Member, and Moderate Profile Images)

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
Ah, okay then. I suppose that option isn't available for moderators.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great relaxing weekend, sucks to be back at work...

My super shanty town 1326 degree awning...

A couple that BC in the red XJ took...

We actually sat around camp for two days and did absolutely NOTHING but drink beer and eat food. It was awesome!

My crappy youtubes... J.D. Rios ...Warning: strong language.

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
702 Posts
Nice pics. I actually like your shanty town awning, lol. Might have to rig something up for next time rain may be in the forecast.

Noticed you still have your stock Rubi sliders... how are they holding up? And which belly up do you have? I still have stock on both and am starting to shop around but not 100% convinced I need sliders just yet.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Noticed you still have your stock Rubi sliders... how are they holding up? And which belly up do you have? I still have stock on both and am starting to shop around but not 100% convinced I need sliders just yet.
So, the stock rocker guards I very rarely hit. I just bent the driver's side one last Fall on the Rubicon and that was my fault. I was going too fast and wasn't paying attention. For the trails I run and how I built this rig I don't need anything more than the factory stuff.
Belly up, I'm using Savvy Under Armor. They make some great parts and I'm a fan of their light weight aluminum stuff. Their customer service sucks however.
I still like their products though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's a few pics of our week. The wife and I took her JK Sport and went to the San Juan mountains with some friends in their JK Rubicon.

• Poughkeepsie Gulch (badge of honor trail)
• Black Bear Pass (badge of honor trail)
• Imogene Pass (badge of honor trail)
• Engineer Pass (badge of honor trail)
• Ophir Pass (badge of honor trail)
• Corkscrew Gulch
• Mineral Creek
• Yankee Boy Basin
• Governor Basin
• Sidney Basin
• California Gulch
• Picayne Gulch
• Placer Gulch
• Hurricane Pass
• Cinnamon Pass
• Wager Gulch
• Red Mountain Mining District
• U.S. Basin
• Last Dollar Road
• Alpine Loop

·
3,492 Posts
Looks like a great trip!

Reactions: Blue Baby Sound

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
We did track down WayWestJeep a couple of days ago. He’s been really busy farming and was pleased that we missed him.
Seeing he's out west, I wonder if his agriculture product would help with my pain. lol
I thought he was a doctor. I guess we should have found out what kind of doctor. Growing your own pharmaceutical would cut out the middle man.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have always been very allergic to the yeast that is used to make alcohol so i can't drink booze. I didn't try pot until after college in the mid 80's then never did during my 30 year railroad and business careers. When I was diagnosed with cancer I sold my business and began 2 years of medical treatments. The monthly IV treatments caused nausea. I began smoking a little pot again and it really helped! Boy pot is a lot stronger now compared to 35 years ago.

·
1,576 Posts
Funny thing about the THC in pot. I know someone that came down with Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome which was rare, but is now becoming more common with the legalization of marijuana. He began experiencing long bouts of vomiting with stomach pain. Strangely, he also had an incessant drive to take endless hot showers. It turns out in some cases the brain and nerves in the stomach unite via the THC causing the symptoms that the hot showers relieve. Symptoms cease as marijuana usage stops, but return if used again. If you know a marijuana user who is experiencing vomiting and finding relief by endless hot showers, pass this on. It will help them greatly.

821 - 840 of 850 Posts