Rubicon Owners Forum banner

741 - 760 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #741 (Edited)
This weekend's (5/15-5/16) exploration is on previous page
WayWestJeep…. you must put some freakin' miles on your fitbit getting out and walking so far from your Jeep every time you take a picture :giggle:

Nice pics though... ;)
I was pulling my GPS data for this weekend's exploring. I figured you might get a kick out of this, here is what my tracks look like when I am in an area exploring. This is just one little section. I walk an area pretty thoroughly when I am looking for mines.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
LOL Now that walk like an Egyptian song is going to be stuck in my head all day. How's your weekend going so far?
It's good, got a 60 mile ride in, as I walked in the door it started raining. Most of the bad stuff is skirting my area going North, still fairly breezy. Other than that I have been napping this afternoon. lol

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #744 (Edited)
It's good, got a 60 mile ride in, as I walked in the door it started raining. Most of the bad stuff is skirting my area going North, still fairly breezy. Other than that I have been napping this afternoon. lol
60 miles!! That's a heck of a long ride, I could not imagine riding for 60 miles. It is really awesome that you can go that far. I think I would probably fall out after a few miles LOL. I could definitely see riding in bad weather though, that sounds like fun!

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
When I look at those mines all I can think of is how incredibly hard work that was in the desert heat. No surprise there are graves. It must have been a hard life.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
When I look at those mines all I can think of is how incredibly hard work that was in the desert heat. No surprise there are graves. It must have been a hard life.
Miners were definitely a tough bunch. The mines in this area were not extensive in size, but there were many of them. It was a really fun weekend retracing their steps.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
60 miles!! That's a heck of a long ride, I could not imagine riding for 60 miles. It is really awesome that you can go that far. I think I would probably fall out after a few miles LOL. I could definitely see riding in bad weather though, that sounds like fun!
I like riding in stormy weather as long as it's not storming when I start. I've been out when tropical storms are bearing down. However, I do not like it when lightning is striking around me.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Don't forget a 40+ pound pack, sidearm and rifle.
I could walk/climb in the desert from sun up to sun down and never stop smiling. I love it, absolutely love it.
Yep, I do not do well walking, with my legs that decide to stop working without telling me. lol They do kick back in before I go to ground.
I much prefer cycling over walking. With my legs rotating I never notice if they quit.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
It never left the driveway... darn quarantine

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #757
Yep, I do not do well walking, with my legs that decide to stop working without telling me. lol They do kick back in before I go to ground.
I much prefer cycling over walking. With my legs rotating I never notice if they quit.
I was thinking about picking up another mountain bike, however with the tj there is just no room. I could get one of those hitch mounts I guess, but it just seems like such a pain in the rear.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I was thinking about picking up another mountain bike, however with the tj there is just no room. I could get one of those hitch mounts I guess, but it just seems like such a pain in the rear.
My thoughts as well, pain in the rear.
I refuse to drive my bike to someplace to ride.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #760
The new drawer, slide out, and gear bag are great! So much simpler for packing and repacking. Still a few more tweaks I want to do but it is good for now.
I also got a chance to use my new hammock...

Couple more random pics...

Excellent pics and I am glad the new setup is working out well. I am envious of your ability to use your hammock LOL. I could try to string one between a couple of Saguaros, but it probably wouldn't work out well :)

741 - 760 of 775 Posts