Rubicon Owners Forum banner

521 - 540 of 559 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #521 (Edited)
The cattle stocking rate for arid land like that is probably one animal per 250+ acres, I suppose those cattle operations are profitable even with setting up water tanks by chopper. Interesting.
I am not sure how much money there is in far out/middle of nowhere cattle ventures. To be honest, now that I think about it, everyone I have met out ranching in the middle of nowhere have presented in pretty rough condition. I wish them well of course, however it did not appear they were rolling in the proverbial dough. That said, being your own boss and living how you want is priceless in itself. I know what I would pick, if I had to choose.
Speaking of cattle, I ran into this today LOL
There was no brand or name, just Cattle Company!

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
Well, today I was not feeling my oats so to speak, so I just went and did a quick bit of hiking and shooting. Hope you all had an amazing weekend :)
Also found a really cool old cactus, thing was huge.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #523 (Edited)
Finally got the Jeep outta the garage for the first time since September...

Nice day exploring just West of Yosemite.
Beautiful Pics! What the heck is all that white stuff? LOL.
I really like the updated design of the Mark IV, breaking it down and cleaning it is 1000% easier. How do you like the backpacker stock for the 10/22? I was going to pick one up, however I an torn between that one and the hunter x-22 stock. I really like the storage compartment on the backpacker. Also you have a RMR on your Mark IV, that is damn sweet! What is that an HK P30SK?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Beautiful Pics! What the heck is all that white stuff? LOL.
I really like the updated design of the Mark IV, breaking it down and cleaning it is 1000% easier. How do you like the backpacker stock for the 10/22? I was going to pick one up, however I an torn between that one and the hunter x-22 stock. I really like the storage compartment on the backpacker. Also you have a RMR on your Mark IV, that is damn sweet! What is that an HK P30SK?

That 10/22 came with the back packer stock and it is really nice. The gun itself sucked out of the box but if you throw enough money at it it'll transform into something awesome. LOL. I really want to make a lockable drawer for the back of the Jeep so I can permanently store the little 10/22 in there. That little rifle and the MKIV are probably my two favorites to shoot right now, cheap to shoot and super accurate.
Yes, p30sk. Not all that fun to shoot but 100% reliable and I trust my life to it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
We took the Rubi to dinner last night, instead of the Explorer. Just by chance my buddy showed up in his Rubi, instead of his Yukon. I guess it was just a Jeep kind of a night.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Me and my Rubicon went to the grocery store. :( Maybe next weekend we will get out and play some.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #536 (Edited)
Hello fellow wheelers! I am happy to report that I am alive a well. Thank you for the concern Wildrat and svtotem :) I have been wheels up helping the communists to our east. The entity that sees fit to employ me, has a sister agency deep in red territory. Been working on the new flu, and had the standard 2 week Q-time upon return. This thanks to a 5 minute window that our tracker had us out of our zone. Finally made it back out today and covered some pretty good ground. Not sure why this has multiples of each pic, there is only one upload for each :( I think I fixed it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
Wow posting pictures now is quite the pain, and for some reason it is showing a lot of duplicates. Here are some more. Found a new mine while skirting the california border. Beautiful area, too bad the land just on the other side is such a sh&th0le :p

521 - 540 of 559 Posts