Rubicon Owners Forum banner

281 - 300 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
I am just going to go ahead and say thanks to DAA, we've got silver jeeps for the win again this weekend hahahah
:)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Any idea what they were digging for in those mines?
I have actually found some of the documents at the sites. I am not sure how it is done in other states, however in AZ around mine sites you will usually see a stick/post with a metal tag on it that has year info/claim info and then there will be a little tube with some paper rolled in up in it that tells all the info about the claim with its coordinates. Most of the ones I have found stated either copper or gold. I would post one on here but, they have the peoples info on there and I doubt they would appreciate it, even though its public info. LOL most of them are probably long dead, but who knows.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Now that's a trip I'd love to go on.
I lead one like it every year. Open invite on the expedition Utah board, first come first in until the trip is full. Last few years it has filled up really fast though.

But then I go on several more trips like this through the year like this by myself. Sometimes don't mind a couple other rigs going along.

- DAA

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
More roaming around the desert and shooting so far. I made it out to this mountain range today, was blazing hot, perfect for climbing, however I got there too late. I don't mind, and actually like a good night climb, however I am going to head back tomorrow so I can see everything in the light first. Whole area is riddled with excellent looking vertical faces.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
A little late...... But I really like this place. Just down stream from the Nemo picnic area under the bridge. River flows to this nice "swimming hole" that is soooo close to the main trail (100') but very secluded because the access trail to it is for an ATV & mostly covered with brush. I've spent many hours here completely undisturbed with folks driving by all day and not ever seeing the trail down to it. Upstream is a 1-2 foot fall (depending on river level) and down stream is a series of rocks that create a very nice babbling brook sound..... Very clear water.

Flooded train tunnel ......

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
This looks like a really fun area! Too bad I look like a pair of brake lights after about 15 seconds in the sun. When I am exploring, climbing or out hiking I always have pants, shirt, long sleeve shirt, giant ridiculous looking hat, scarf, gloves and SPF 110. I do love to swim in the ocean at night though, I can float around for hours out there. Nice Jeep BTW.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Spent a couple days just out wandering and goofing off. Covered about 200 miles without touching pavement. Stopped occasionally to pick off a few rock chucks off the cliffs now and then.

I usually skip the tent this time of year. But it's still pretty chilly at night. Got down into the low 20s this first night and high 20's the next two nights.

- DAA

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Spent a couple days just out wandering and goofing off. Covered about 200 miles without touching pavement. Stopped occasionally to pick off a few rock chucks off the cliffs now and then.

I usually skip the tent this time of year. But it's still pretty chilly at night. Got down into the low 20s this first night and high 20's the next two nights.

- DAA
Beautiful pictures. I did a bit of climbing and exploring too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Damn, my Jeep hasn't moved out of the garage since my Utah trip. Hopefully soon!
I have notified your local JPS(Jeep protective services), be prepared for a knock on your door soon :p
As a community we cannot tolerate such neglect amongst our members hahaha

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #297 (Edited)
Went out climbing for the holiday and found a new trail. Getting the Jeep up the trail was very interesting, however once again the old girl made it. I found myself hanging onto the steering wheel wondering more than once why in the hell I didn't just hike up. The area was absolutely beautiful and once I was finally at the top all was well LOL. Also put up more no trespassing signs. Busy day :)

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Sig MPXk?
Good eye! Yeah I either climb with the mpx, the SBR 10.5 in 556 or SBR 7.5 in 300 black. Never out and about without a rifle and a sidearm. I will say this, I think 300BLK is slowly becoming my favorite rifle cartridge.

281 - 300 of 766 Posts