Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oops, it looks like the sprinkler has been hitting the front left fender long enough that a golden haze is starting to appear.

The products I would use to remove these rust stains from stucco or concrete seem a bit harsh for auto paint.

Any suggestions for removing these stains?

·
Administrator
15,105 Posts
try a good auto paint polish...

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is on the paint of the hood, fender, wheel and plastic flare. I will look for a good polish, Mac.

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
You could try the rust stain removal chemical on an out of the way part of the body paint. Maybe even on the inside of the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a possible approach, but I think I will try polish first. Might be more elbow grease, but the rust removal stuff seems acidic.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like that will be my first attempt. The well water has a high iron content, and also a high hydrogen sulfide content. I treat the house water for both. Never thought the stain would be sulfur since the other stained areas have that reddish rust color. I will give this a try.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am concerned CLR might be a bit harsh, but if vinegar or polish don’t work I will give it a try after Johns suggestion to try it out of sight first.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,966 Posts
If it is minerals, try the 50/50 vinegar suggested above, and rinse well. Auto paint will not be affected by vinegar unless you leave it on for days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts