Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend came up with this one. Buy a "Wine in a Box". Drink the wine. That is the hard part!
Then remove the plastic bag from the box, rinse it out , then refill with water. He carried one like this for 2 years under the drivers seat as an emergency water supply. If you remove the air there won't be a sloshing noise, I think the bags hold a gallon or more.:wink2:

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
A friend came up with this one. Buy a "Wine in a Box". Drink the wine. That is the hard part!
Then remove the plastic bag from the box, rinse it out , then refill with water. He carried one like this for 2 years under the drivers seat as an emergency water supply. If you remove the air there won't be a sloshing noise, I think the bags hold a gallon or more.:wink2:
Like the idea ..... prob is it would take me about 6 years to drink the boxed wine
:wink2:

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah it's not a bad idea. I make home made wine and have corks, a machine to drive the corks in the bottle, etc, etc etc... Come to find out that you can buy bags! I once spent a great deal of time bottling wine and moved on to bagging wine. Hours are now minutes! 2 hours are now 20 minutes.

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
I'd keep one bag with water and one with wine under the front seats, that way you have all bases covered :beerchug: .

(We used to prefer boxed wine (Black Box in particular) but then had several that somehow went 'off' - returned to the store.)

·
Registered
422 Posts
That's funny you mention that John. My wife just returned a box of Black Box something-r-other before T-day that she said had tasted bad as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would say buy the box wine and just pour it out to get the bag. I have tried boxed wine while camping a couple of times and each time it was bad. So now if want the wine I pack it in a shipping box and its good to go and the shipping box is reusable.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,994 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I keep tools and such under my seats... so the bag idea would be a no-go for me. I just simply carry a small square 'low COG so it won't fall over', water jug all the time.

As far as the box wine on the trail... buy the cheapest one. Empty in dirt. Refill with GOOD wine. Enjoy! The bag idea is way better for camp/travel than glass bottles! :jammin:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I use sealed 1-gallon jugs of distilled water from the store, distilled is in case you have to pour it in the radiator. I cut the legs off an old pair of pants, stuff the jugs in, and tie paracord around both ends to protect the jugs from leaking. Every couple of years, use the water for house plants or something that won't mind a plastic taste, and replace the water jugs with fresh ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts