Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well long story short.

I had a belt, tensinor and a few idle pulleys replaced. Not under warrenty and threw a dealership out of town. Due to doing the damage awaynfrom home.

The dealership never mentioned anything to do with warrenty, nor did they say its not covered. Those these parts should be covered under normal circumstances.

My home dealership service guy asked me if they did it under warrenty and i said no. He gave me a look like WTf kinda thing. Never had a chance to ask him more.

Any chance if i should call the place that fix it to see whats up? Or call chrysler directly. Curious if such a bill/fix could be refunded if they decide to warrenty it.

It was a good chunk of coin to me to fix.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Shouldn't matter where you are or what dealer does the work if it is indeed still under warranty. If it still is under warranty and you bark loud enough maybe your local dealer will reimburse you.

What is your terms of warranty and what is your mileage/age of Rubi?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2013 with only 40 000 km. i belive i have the extended warrenty.

I think i may just start barking at the dealership who did the work. I just wasnt sure if i should attempt this or not.

·
Administrator
15,086 Posts
Its a 2013 with only 40 000 km. i belive i have the extended warrenty.

I think i may just start barking at the dealership who did the work. I just wasnt sure if i should attempt this or not.
If you have the extended warranty - it would show up when they ran your VIN

our 2013 has the " Lifetime Warranty" it was an added extra when we bought the JK. We had the water pump and fluids and belts changed - cost $0.00

I would double check to see if you were taken advantage of...

;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts