Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I got a lemon :lol: Here are my warranty items so far...

Tie Rod & Drag Link Assembly
TPS Sensor
Front Drive Shaft
O2 Sensor
2 Rear main Seals
Rear Axel Seals

How big is your list?

Adam

·
Registered
478 Posts
What is your definition of a lemon? I think that people expect too much from they're cars. Not a single jeep ever built is perfect. If you use it, it's gonna wear out. A lemon is something that literally falls apart, Made from substandard components. :cry: Most jeeps are not lemons, unless they have 4.2l and french trannys. I'd put a jeep up against any 4x4 for quality and value. I certainly got mucho bango for my bucko.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
2 Months, 2100Mi.

Saging hard top (They say it's normal but I think it's a design flaw)
Rattleing dash (Got fixed today....hopefully)
Bad Front D-Shaft (Getting fixed tomorrow)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would call my Rubi a lot of things but never a Lemon that was the funny part and yes it get's used.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
hard top replaced due to crack on passenger side.

5500miles...

:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Front DS axle seal and thats all so far. Now to go find out where the angry sparrow is hiding?

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have over 10000 kms on mine and I have no serious warantee issues. Sounds like you spend a lot of time in the mud.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
6000 miles and the only warrenty work I am getting is due to my fault....I just have a happy sponsoring dealership.. :D

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
3500 miles (5632 km), and I am in the process of taking it in for the first time. When I picked it up, the passengers side front speaker vibrated so I was waiting for it to blow, and now I just noticed on the passenger side full-door, the weld between the door frame and window frame is starting to rust under the paint :x , so no more waiting.

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
12,000 kms and wheeled every weekend...

Front axle seal.
Hardtop rear glass hinges.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Rear Main Seal Oil leak
Oil Pan Gasket

Still have leak at the bottom of the bell housing.
Going in on wednesday to hopefully have that fixed

G

·
0 Posts
12,000 miles in three months! A lot of highway travel, but three Jamborees plus several days of independent wheeling. Probably close to 2,000 miles off-road. I am not typically hard on equipment.

My only complaint is that the synchromesh does not seem to work properly. It has 'snicked' virtually every time I shift to third since I got it. Gets much worse in low range. I thought it might go away with some use, but it is time to get it fixed under warranty. My 2001 Sport did not have this problem.

Dan

·
Registered
333 Posts
8 months with almost 4500 miles have had 2 front DS replaced!! So far so good!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
6k miles and warranty work for:

windows in the doors are squeaking, dealer said get used to it.

Computer checked 2x, dealer keeps asking me why are they checking it I said well since I'm here ya might as well.

oil change,dealer did for free cuz of the next issue.

took in to get torx bolts out for the new widshield light mounts, dealer couldn't do.

NOISY clutch when I shut it off, dealer has no clue.

Replaced fuse for blinkers\hazards which I have no idea how long they never worked.

Items dealer has to address now:

Diff covers leaking at bottom.
axle housing where they go into diff leaking.
Funky clunk in the front end when turning (sometimes)
That clutch noise again (i want it fixed)

Any other things you guys can think of while I'm waiting to make appt with dealer.

I'm probably just a bitcher, complainer etc.. But after I had my 03 Truck and the way DC treated me I take it in for any little thing i can think of..

Mo

1 - 20 of 99 Posts