Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my engine skid this afternoon.....(It had aged just enough sitting in my garage for 3 months!!!) The install took me about 2.5 hours working by myself. Looks good underneath and I am hoping that the skid will make my Rubicon slide up and over things rather than have the shovel dig in like it was doing. One question I had.....I torqued the LCA bolts to 130 ft lbs and used some thread lock on them....Do they need to be retorqued in a few weeks?

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I would just double check them but if you used thread lock they shouldnt move. I just installed my warn skid too...took me a bit too...seems like it will do its purpose.Mine had been sitting in my room for 2 months also...but then i looked under my friends new TJ 03, 1 month old, and his oil pan was flat...so i had a great reminder ...lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
The skid will initially loosen up the LCA bolts. I've had mine for since spring and it's beat. It basically arched out and it almost hitting the oil pan from, wll just doing it's job.

Next time, I'll only go with Skid Row. What a POS this Warn thing turned out to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts