Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know Warn says these are for the rear, but they fit the front fine. I originally wanted to put Rock Rings from Avalanche (Poison Spyder) on, but couldn't allocate the money for them. I really wanted something that protected the front face of the Differential and would allow me to slide over stuff and not hang up like some guards. Here is the write up on my web.

Warn Differential Skids

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That is correct.. they should fit the front as the center sections are the same.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PBR Stitch said:
I originally wanted to put Rock Rings from Avalanche (Poison Spyder) on, but couldn't allocate the money for them. Ron
Ron,

What was the price difference between the Avalanche and the Warn? I just purchased front and rear Avalanche Rock Rings, hope the back one fits with the Kilby Gas Tank and 1" BL. I have heard someone say something in the past about them not working with the skid, but maybe that was without a 1" BL.

ps: some of the images don't link on your link........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Military Jeeper: The price difference, hmmm. I got the Warn guards from 4x4rockshop.com for $64.95, so roughly half the price of an Avalanche rock ring. I was originally going to put the rock rings on, but decided to try the Warn guards because they were full face.

As for the avalanche working with the kilbys skid. SY02 on JU has them with the set up your talking about on his and has no problems with contact at all, so I don't suspect that you will. The Warns stick out a little further, but they look like they will clear.

Aarrgghh... website, I trashed it by accident and though I fixed everything, thanks I go look at the master and reupload it when I fix it. Thanks

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NP, thanks for the heads up on SY02's. So far I have heard 2 go-to-go's on this setup. One from a Rubi owner and one from a non-Rubi owner.

Guess I got my answer. Good luck on the web fixes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I.M.Rubicon, Here is the link to my page on the Warns. They drain out really nice. Plenty of holes in the bottom. I ramped it yesterday and didn't hit the tank with the rear flexed, nor anything in the front. I still need to test it on the trail for direct compression, but I did lift it with a floor jack and the rear didn't hit. I am very satisfied with them so far.

Warn Differential Skids

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts