Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided on my winch......I went with the old tried and true Warn 8274-50. It's one big mother but its bullet proof. Even better I got a great deal on it.....A guy I know was selling it for about 60% of new and it has never been mounted on a vehicle. For once in my Jeeping experiance a great deal comes my way!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sweet.. I got mine for $400CDN. You will love that winch.. Pulls all day long.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Re: Scored!!!

rubirock said:
Nice!!! Nice!!! Let me know if you come across any 2003 softops for sale...
I've got the soft top from my Rubi for sale, but I need the door surrounds and tailgate piece.
Black with tinted windows. Looking for 650.00 CDN

Vince

BTW, the 2001 and up tops are different, the sailcloth is a huge difference from the older ones.

G

·
0 Posts
Vulcan, how do you plan on mounting that big motha on your Rubi? I'll be ordering my Rubi soon and the old tried and true 8274 will move from my Samurai to the new rig. Do you have an aftermarket bumper yet and if so, which one. To anyone else - what aftermarket bumpers will work with the 8274?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I think you will be ok with most bumpers
but the key is, you have to have the proper winch mounting plate.
Warn makes a couple of different ones and I think there is one specific to that winch.
the WInch plates however, have holes that line up with the holes in the frame so you are ok with most bumpers out there.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RgdL said:
Vulcan, how do you plan on mounting that big motha on your Rubi? I'll be ordering my Rubi soon and the old tried and true 8274 will move from my Samurai to the new rig. Do you have an aftermarket bumper yet and if so, which one. To anyone else - what aftermarket bumpers will work with the 8274?
A friend of the guy I am getting the winch from custom makes winch mounting plates. This will hide about 1/2 of the winch from view and has the fairhead built right in. The coolest part is that this guy has a "water cutter" ( some sort of high pressure jet of water that cuts through metal, I have not seen the unit in action but I have seen the results)....My friend has a small 4X4 shop and he cuts the store name in the plate (Backcountry)....I am going to get Rubicon cut into mine. The entire unit is then powder coated. It looks very sharp. I will post some photos when I get mine home.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Sounds like you got a really good deal. Let me know if you come across another one (preferably the 8274-50 or 9.5ti). :boobies:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Same here. My baby could really use a winch too. If your buddy there has any friends selling a 8274, send them my way. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
triver525......I have a 8000 lb OX Super Winch for sale.....It is a copy of the 8724. It has the remote with it and it works. I have not installed this winch but got it awhile ago from a friend who told me that it needs the solinoids replaced....The cable looks a little ratty to me as well. I did hook up a set of jumper cables to the winch and it does work.....Anyway if you are interested make an offer. You are close enough for me to run into the city and meet you for delivery. I have a few photos of the winch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts