Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this forum.

My wife has a stock 2009 Rubicon that we use to participate in off-roading events through Jeep Jamboree. As we have learned to drive the less aggressive trails, we are contemplating beefing up the Jeep to allow us to drive more challenging trails in the future. We have done some online research, but would like to talk to someone who can advise us on what upgrades make sense. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find a shop in the Boston area that does this kind of work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
As everyone more or less swears by them, northridge 4x4 is the place to go. In person (dont think there is one near boston) online or phone.

I deal with the one in canada and its the only place id buy stuff for my jeep.

·
Administrator
10,842 Posts
I am new to this forum ... I hope that this is the right place to post this message.
I moved your thread from the Vendor's section, no worries though and welcome to ROF!

As we have learned to drive the less aggressive trails, we are contemplating beefing up the Jeep to allow us to drive more challenging trails in the future.
That's the way it always happens - congratulations :)!

We have done some online research, but would like to talk to someone who can advise us on what upgrades make sense. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find a shop in the Boston area that does this kind of work.
Northridge 4x4 is a good place to start, talk to them, AEV, Teraflex, who else am I missing guys?

Can you do your own work? Are you a 2-door or 4-door? With a 4-door you really need 35" tires at a minimum for more difficult trails. A 2-door and 35s - you are golden for up to 4 or 4.5 trails (out of 5) equipment-wise.

·
3,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone used Elias 4WD? Do you recommend them?

They're about an hour or so outside of Boston.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
You might want to check on some of the other forums that have more contributors and threads broken down by region. Also see if you can find a club nearby that you can reach out to for info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts