My 5spd Rubicon has an extra space for
a switch. (The auto has an O/D OFF switch
in that position).

I want to buy an O/D OFF switch from Jeep
and mount/wire it to do the following:

...disable door chime when doors are removed
...disable interior light when doors are removed
...disable clutch safety interlock (so I can turn
truck on without pressing down the clutch pedal)

I'd love to rig this up so it becomes an "offroad"
switch in that empty space! :twisted:

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you want to do all three functions then you are going to have to look for a 3-pole switch. I am not even sure there is one available but that is what you will be looking for.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
disabling the door chime and dome lights are the same function essentially. I believe the door plunger switch itself when opened opens the circuit loop back activating the chime/light, so by simply wiring a lead from the battery back to the sender side of the plunger switches to provide it a constant return should defeat the light/chime. As for clutch override, if it worked in a similar fashion you could also do the same return path from the same switch. otherwise you may need a different switch/method for the clutch.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To disable the interior lights and door warning chime, pull fuse #4.
To defeat the clutch interlock, insert a 20a fuse in #20.

Given this, both of these fuse sockets could be wired to one or two switches. I have tought of doing something along this line, but haven't decided exactly what.

If you let me know exactly what functionality you want, I can create a circuit diagram for you. You may want to read some of the posts under "Add a little power to a Rubi".

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts